Must Have Apps for my new Android phone..First time User

hari11

Broken In
Today i bought Micromax A110,,This is the first time i'm using Android phone and i need your suggestion regarding Apps..mostly need for reading like pdf,word etc..and saving battery ..and all important apps that needed in today's day to day work....

hari1

In the zone
Why did you copy my username?:evil:

As for the apps, just type that word in search and check reviews of first 3-5 apps and install your preferred one. Get File expert first:)

Hrishi

)

:rofl : hahaha
For pdf , get Adobe Reader.
For office , there is an Office Suite.
And for saving battery using "Easy battery saver".

Download/Open google playstore and search through the categories there.
You will find lots of useful apps in the play store.

Btw , How is A110 build and quality wise , specially the IPS display. IS it crisp enough ??
Does it lags ???
I can't wait to see this phablet from MMX , which my friend has ordered.

OP
H

hari11

Broken In

As for the apps, just type that word in search and check reviews of first 3-5 apps and install your preferred one. Get File expert first:)

Because my name is also hari.. :)

:rofl : hahaha
For pdf , get Adobe Reader.
For office , there is an Office Suite.
And for saving battery using "Easy battery saver".

Download/Open google playstore and search through the categories there.
You will find lots of useful apps in the play store.

Btw , How is A110 build and quality wise , specially the IPS display. IS it crisp enough ??
Does it lags ???
I can't wait to see this phablet from MMX , which my friend has ordered.

Thnks.. I heard so many apps are fake and have virus,thats why i asked for suggestions..

And also suggest apps for camera,video, browser and for entertainment apps..

The phone is quite light and good build but it is very huge,can't carry around properly :D need some time to get with it..
2 things are bad
1.Phone gets heatup after continuous usage of 30min -1hr..(give some rest to phone :D)
2.Battery backup.If you play games for 15-30min,the battery drains very quick like 30-40%..
I can't say much about the battery though, i just bought it yesterday.let me check for 1week

Between screen quality is really good.But handle with care is needed.. :)

singh_dd93

Journeyman
I am an android developers (compile CM10 based roms for xperias)
I will recommend you not to use any task killer and battery saver as they actually use a lot of battery and RAM.
if you kill tasks using task killer they start up again causing the battery to be used more. Android is such a OS which kills the old and unneeded apps when ever the RAM is needed.

ashutosh_jain

Broken In
Easy Battery saver is an option to save the battery but let me tell you that the battery problem in Andriod is quite common and you may have to get ur mobile recharged every now and then if you are using it for a long time..

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
My 5 cents
1. Keyboard replacement : Swiftkey3
2. Music Player : Poweramp
3. Office : Kingsoft office
4. Dialer : Exdialer
5. Messeging : Go SMS Pro
6. Camera Soft : Camera Zoom Fx
7 Antivirus : Avast
8.Weather : Go weather / Acuweather
+
Usual softwares such as Chrome , Onavo counter , Adobe reader , Android assistant ,Gmail, Google Maps ,Shazam,Opera,Whatsapp,Tweeter,Gtalk, youtube to name a few

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
My a lot of cents:
The Must Have Android Apps « Insights of the Stellar Mind

That should be enough to get you started. If not, there's whole dedicated thread:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-tablets/155367-must-have-android-games-apps-digitians.html

OP
H

hari11

Broken In
I will recommend you not to use any task killer and battery saver as they actually use a lot of battery and RAM.
if you kill tasks using task killer they start up again causing the battery to be used more. Android is such a OS which kills the old and unneeded apps when ever the RAM is needed.

Thanks for the advice..

My 5 cents
1. Keyboard replacement : Swiftkey3
2. Music Player : Poweramp
3. Office : Kingsoft office
4. Dialer : Exdialer
5. Messeging : Go SMS Pro
6. Camera Soft : Camera Zoom Fx
7 Antivirus : Avast
8.Weather : Go weather / Acuweather
+
Usual softwares such as Chrome , Onavo counter , Adobe reader , Android assistant ,Gmail, Google Maps ,Shazam,Opera,Whatsapp,Tweeter,Gtalk, youtube to name a few

THank you very much

My a lot of cents:
The Must Have Android Apps « Insights of the Stellar Mind

That should be enough to get you started. If not, there's whole dedicated thread:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-tablets/155367-must-have-android-games-apps-digitians.html

Thanks mate..!!

Jitendra Singh

Broken In

Thanks...so can you tell us some more tips to save battery on Android phones?

sharang_3

Journeyman
Thanks...so can you tell us some more tips to save battery on Android phones?
turn of wifi and data when not needed..do not run maps or facebook or any browser and turn off the screen without closing them..if you have any email app set the refresh interval to as long as you're ok with..and congratulations on your purchase :)

R2K

In the Zone
Always get a flashlight app. Nothing can be more useful than that app. :D
Twicca for twitter updates.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
Angry Birds :D
Easy Battery Saver
Go Launcher (depends on user though)
Whatsapp
Opera Mini

and many more...the Play Store is H.U.G.E..explore yourself :D