Multiple Problems

Sakar

Still a lot to learn
1st: My CPU has very high temperatures and i am adding a HD 5670 soon and don't want overheating to be a problem.Here is my configuration:-
Processor:Intel Pentium D 820 2.8 GHz
RAM: 1GB DDR2
Motherboard:Intel D101GGC
PSU: PERX ATX POWER SUPPLY P4 -400W
Processor cooling: Stock Intel cooler
No extra fans.
According to speedfan
CPU: 49C
AMBIENT: 50C
REMOTE: 75C
HD0: 48C
HD1: 40C
TEMP1: 40C

2nd: When my computer hangs and i restart it shows a black window that says CMOS default loaded and the date and time goes to 1/1/2006 and 12:00:00 AM. It didn't happen before!!!!!

I am trying to upload photos but thinkdigit says upload failed. Solution anybody. I will post pictures as soon as uploads don't fail.

doomgiver

Warframe
soln 2, check your CMOS battery. if it doesnt work, your mobo has gone kaput.

soln 1 : change your psu, if you aare gonna adda gpu. fsp saga II 500W will do good.
and pent D's have a habit of overheating, mine goes to 75 C sometimes.
install some fans, 2 in front of cabinet, to pull in air, 1 at the back to push out air, and one in the side, to suck in air. that should reduce the temps by 10-15 C

also, if you know your way around a cpu, remove the cpu, clean off all the grey/white thermal paste, and apply a fresh coat. ask a experienced person for help if you dont know waht to do.

and if you still feel that temps are too high, get a cpu cooler from a reputerd brand. the CM hyper 212+ comes to the mind, it costs 1.4k, iirc.

koolent

Youngling
He cannot put more fans his cabby only supports one more.. :(

Ok, thermal paste is what I will do, coming to your home Sakar.. :)

I'M his neighbor :p

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Your cabinet seems to lack proper ventilation. Clean all the dust and reTIM your CPU.

Apparently you need to change your PSU as suggested in your graphics card suggestion thread (Corsair cx430v2).

Also if possible add a fan in your cabinet, most probably a "push".

I am trying to upload photos but thinkdigit says upload failed. Solution anybody. I will post pictures as soon as uploads don't fail.

Upload the images to any image sharing site like imgur.com and paste the link b/w
tags. :)

Top Bottom