multiple file rename

curioustechy

Journeyman
how to rename multiple files at one go in ubuntu 11.04.... i tried it as if in windows - select all and pressed F2 - but nothing happened

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
While using Linux, I have never felt the need to rename multiple files. But, I know there are some programs which do this job very well. As far as I know, MetaMorphose is one of them.
Get it from Métamorphose : A File and Folder Renamer - Powerful batch renamer

OP
curioustechy

curioustechy

Journeyman
I would like to know if there is any native solution for this. By the way I use this function a lot of times while arranging my photos

CA50

Cyborg Agent
^
1st : you can use softwares like ant-renamer
2nd : Select all the files/folder, press F2, now rename,, all the remaining file will automatically get renamed

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
In windows, we have many utilities like BatchFileRenamer, RenameItPro, etc. But in Linux, such solutions are hard to find & even if they may be available through application repository, many people never feel the need (in general).

+1 for the link provided by Zangetsu. Rep added :)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
how is it possible in windows...is it really??

^
1st : you can use softwares like ant-renamer
2nd : Select all the files/folder, press F2, now rename,, all the remaining file will automatically get renamed

In windows when we use the F2 method to rename then the subsequent files will be named in ascending order or descending order....

ex: file00.mp3,file02.mp3....so on

+1 for the link provided by Zangetsu. Rep added :)
Thanx buddy

Top Bottom