I built a pc last year around this month with the foll. Specs:

Processor: amd Athlon x2 260
Mobo: asus m4a88tm
ram: Corsair vengeance 4gb ddr3
Psu: corsair vs450
Hdd: wd carviar blue 500gb(very recently bought this) Sata
Seagate 40gb (IDE)
Seagate external USB drive 500gb

Now, before I bought that new wd hdd, I had a 6-yr old seagate 160 gb hdd. Since it gave some clicking sounds and I had very random Bsods, I changed that with this western digital one, last month. But now, still I am experiencing some Bsods randomly with messages like "MEMORY MANAGEMENT" , "SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION".

After researching in the net, I first downloaded the w7 upgrade advisor from Microsoft, and found that all drivers, devices and programs were compatible... Then I downloaded the memtest86 and ran it through a USB drive and it showed ERRORS: 65535+ !!!!!! And then it went on checking for highest error address, and so I hit the Esc many times and then now, I have been experiencing several Bsods even before I log on to my account, with new messages like: "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

So is my ram the Only culprit or anyone else too??? Pls help asap guz..

OP
C

cyberteen

Broken In
Thanks harshil for your reply. But I dont have any spare ram or other's to try... But acc. To the memtest readme file, I once again popped out the ram and Reseated it. In the memtest following that I got no errors and passed the test completely.... Till now, I have not received any Bsods... So I think everything's settled out..

Top Bottom