Multimedia laptop for daily use under 43K

Badmash

Journeyman
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
A: 43K Max

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Netbook; 11" - 10” screen or less
Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen
A: Mainstream

3) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
A: Movies, internet, autocad, lil bit gaming. Need really really good sound!

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
A: atleast i5 3rd gen, 4gb ram, 1TB Hdd if possible and atleast 1GB graphic card

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Sony
b. Dislike: Acer, toshiba

6) Anything else you would like to say?
A: Can't go for online buy. Most important things i am looking for:Best in sound quality and Stylish Looks

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
go for SONY Vaio FIT 15E .It has a decent graphics card, and the BEST sound quality any laptop can offer at this range or even at much higher range, which i presume is your top priority.
Should be around 43-44k

bhvm

Journeyman
I'd seriously suggest looking for AMD A10 or a8. they're multimedia monsters. hp has good models near 39k

bhvm

Journeyman

please?
laptop Intel i 5 are actually dual core with 2 real cores and 2 virtual cores. even some i 7 are like that. amd offers 4 true cores that work better on newer and multimedia apps. Intel is OK for older single or dual core apps. I feel Intel prices are unfair for dual cores .

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
You sure? Cuz what i saw in market the i3 model is 41K and i5 51K :/
check the link i gave you.
SVF15218SN : VAIO® Fit 14E/15E : VAIO™ Laptop & Computer : Sony India

please?
laptop Intel i 5 are actually dual core with 2 real cores and 2 virtual cores. even some i 7 are like that. amd offers 4 true cores that work better on newer and multimedia apps. Intel is OK for older single or dual core apps. I feel Intel prices are unfair for dual cores .
AMD A10 even with more number of cores and better clock speed is not able to beat I5's
for example : compare i5 3230m and a10 5750m.
3230m outperforms 5750m in every aspect. in 3D mark and passmark etc.

OP
B

Badmash

Journeyman

i5 3rd gen not available in market its only 4th gen and it cost above 50K :(

ANd do i need i5 if i am not gaming? Better to go for i3 for office work movies music, autocad, photoshop, corel draw??

bhvm

Journeyman

AMD A10 even with more number of cores and better clock speed is not able to beat I5's
for example : compare i5 3230m and a10 5750m.
3230m outperforms 5750m in every aspect. in 3D mark and passmark etc.

I have noticed that Intel comes on top with syntehtic and therotical benchmarks. But do something practical, Like start a game and the Intel Falls back. i5 with decent dedicated graphics will land above 50k. On the other hand, AMD gives you Dual graphics and respectable performance for 39k./ I'll let the OP decide tough.
Look for HP G6 or 0007TX ones.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
please?

My comment was targeted to your suggestion of HP.

And buddy, a "multimedia" is not defined by a better performing processor, rather by good experience of display/sound, alongwith bare minimum processing power to handle those tasks, which HP doesn't have. That's why my comment.

i72600k

The Physicist!
If you can extend your budget 3000-4000, you can get the Lenovo ideapad z500 which is totally worth the extra money!

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
How's it is in sound department? And looks? o_O
looks = premium and sleek
sound=average

I have noticed that Intel comes on top with syntehtic and therotical benchmarks. But do something practical, Like start a game and the Intel Falls back. i5 with decent dedicated graphics will land above 50k. On the other hand, AMD gives you Dual graphics and respectable performance for 39k./ I'll let the OP decide tough.
Look for HP G6 or 0007TX ones.
games are not much dependent on CPU's it's in rare cases that CPU's bottleneck it. the thing you are saying about A10 giving a better gaming performance is due to iGPU present on board the A10 is much more powerful than say, HD4000 present on an i5.
Let's face it , i am no Intel fanboy, but you cant deny that the chip fabrication of 22nm vs 32nm on Intel and AMD respectively creates the difference even though the latter has more cores and higher clock speed.
the performance of AMD outside gaming arena is very much struggling when compared to Intel.

bhvm

Journeyman
My comment was targeted to your suggestion of HP.

And buddy, a "multimedia" is not defined by a better performing processor, rather by good experience of display/sound, alongwith bare minimum processing power to handle those tasks, which HP doesn't have. That's why my comment.

agreed, so op should go for laptop with subwoofer or quad speakers. both of which are rare under 45k. screen will be the usual 15.6 inch half HD ones that have flooded the marker. Samsung np3 series has matte screens near 35k if so is preferred.
I think with gaming excluded, even i3 or i5 or amd a8 shall suffice.

if you want gaming and video encoding,
read this-
Our game tests showed what we expected, with
AMD significantly ahead of the Core i7-4770K. It
was getting on for twice as fast in Left 4 Dead 2
and managed a 100 per cent improvement on the
minimum frame rate in The Elder Scrolls V:
Skyrim. While the difference in frames per second
was only small in the Unigene Heaven test, in
percentage terms, the AMD a10-6800K again
held a sizeable lead over the Intel CPU.
Meanwhile the Ivy Bridge-based Core i3-3220
was much slower with the Core i7-4770K
bettering it by 100 per cent or more.

Performance Analysis and Conclusion | bit-tech.net

Last edited:
OP
B

Badmash

Journeyman
I am ok with 720p screen and i am not gonna game much on this. Prefer sleek, awesome sound quality and with i5 processor :/ i could stretch the budget .. How about this model? Sony viao F15318? Sony VAIO F15318 Laptop (4th Gen Intel Core i5 4200U- 4GB RAM- 500GB HDD- 15.5 Inches- Win8- 1GB Graph) (Black) - Buy Online @ Best Price | Snapdeal.com but the problem is here it says it have backlit keyboard but in the market its without backlit same model :-s

Top Bottom