anandsemwal

Right off the assembly line
I have seen many adds where same video is splitted over a number of screens to give a large screen appearance what is this techonology. how can i use it for my day to day presentation works

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
1) Get multiple monitors. (Preferably same size and resolution)
2) Get a decent Video card that supports the number of monitors you want.
3) Connect them and Voila. Few twaks and it'll behave the way you want.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I have seen many adds where same video is splitted over a number of screens to give a large screen appearance what is this techonology. how can i use it for my day to day presentation works

Yes it is possible. You need a system with a disrete video accelerator card (GPU) and a motherboard which supports the same. Most do these days. Two connectivity cables are put into the GPU and lead to 2x individual monitors. In theory your desktop is now spread across two panels. BUT applications (not games) will open on an individual screen. So if you have MS-Word open on the left screen it will never show on both halves. But you can drag it where ever. Takes a while to get used to, but is good if you want to do editing, quality check, reference work. I declined multiple monitors at my office -- but that is my say. Setting it up is not that difficult.

If you are interested let us know your budget and current configuration. You want a whole new setup or a best possible upgrade.

Best.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@anandsemwal: I guess u posted in wrong section.

And for ur query u have to use a graphic card (from ATI/Nvidia).
The more the no of monitors the more the eye-candy
ATI supports this multi monitor setup known as Eyefinnity....

Top Bottom