Mulitplayer gaming Query ???

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
Guys I need to know whether I can play with my friend who has internet connection to play any game Eg. fifa 11 with me by using the lan settings of the game..(In the same way like connecting a lan cable between two PC's)

prehistoricgamer

Q.C Passed. Tested. OK
I really tried to understand what you were trying to ask but i'll answer as I understood it.

LAN and Online gameplay are 2 different things. For LAN, you and your friend need to be on the same network, probably in the same room or building connected through some LAN settings. For this, you do not need internet.

If you both wish to play from your own houses, then you will have to check out Online Multiplayer if that option exists in the game. You will need Internet for this and doesn't depend on your LAN settings.

This is the case for almost all games that support multiplayer option.

Hope you got what you came for. :)

OP
D

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
This basic stuffs I knew it..but want to go in depth..as in case of ' game ranger' they connect people over the net but uses the lan stuffs..

Thanq u anyway for ur reply...

prehistoricgamer

Q.C Passed. Tested. OK
I just peeked into GameRanger's site. Looks like a similar product to Steam. If you know how Steam works, then I think you won't have a tough time understanding how this works too.

OP
D

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
Haha nice...will try it then...thanx a lot...

is there any virtual lan creater..so that it aids us to play it the way I recommended..( as in Lan gaming )

OP
D

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
i couldn't connect using "hamachi" my friends can see the game ..but are not able to join them...plz help..It say connection timed out in fifa 11 lobby

anaklusmos

Youngling
there are tons of guides on the net on how to make many popular games work with these softwares available on the net. Just google and you will get them

Top Bottom