MTNL broadband @ Rs 199

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
In a major incentive to the consumers, state-run Mahanagar Telecom Nigam Ltd on Thursday indicated lowering of broadband tariffs by 50 per cent to Rs 199 per month from Rs 399, a move that could give private operators a run for their money.

"We have crossed 51,000 mark in Delhi alone and total subscriber base of over 90,000. We are adding more than 500 subscribers every day each in Delhi and Mumbai. We are targetting to take the number to 2,000 a day," MTNL chairman and managing director R S P Sinha said.

On the tariff front, Sinha said new tariffs would be announced soon, may be in a day or so, giving indications of it to be Rs 199 with similar amount of downloading previously.

Facing a huge rush for new connections, MTNL has also outsourced some of its activities, especially installation of broadband connections to outside agencies, Sinha said, adding that "currently we have hired only two agencies on the basis of tendering process. We may have to hire more agencies to meet the demand."

In another major plan for its subscribers, MTNL is contemplating offering free calls among subscribers provided each consumer buys three connections -- Fixed Line, Mobile and Broadband.

This would be possible as the calls within the network do not carry any levy obligation to be paid to another operator.

MTNL has a target of adding 500,000 broadband subscribers by the end of current financial year.

"I am confident of meeting the targets as the demand for MTNL broadband has been phenomenal," he said.
i bet the data tab will be 100MB or somthing around that figure. i wonder when these data tabs will go. how on earth do they get 500 subscribers per day?????

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Very true ... 500 subscriber a day ..
n
"We are targetting to take the number to 2,000 a day," MTNL chairman

how can they add 2000 people a day in future .. isnt this too much optimistic ..

also .. they dont have a single plan without the data limit.

godsownman

Padawan
On the tariff front, Sinha said new tariffs would be announced soon, may be in a day or so, giving indications of it to be Rs 199 with similar amount of downloading previously.

This is from the 3rd paragraph above.

I dont think they might touch the data limit after reading this paragraph. I may be wrong.

Regards

champ_rock

champ_rock
i think that these people never inform customers about data limit...
and by the way they say 24hrs free..... and mention in small lines that there is a 100 mb data limit... and also most of the potential newbies dont know what does 100mb mean..
they see 24free all right lets take it on....

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
i am extremely sorry for not posting the source. i dunno how i forgot :( it was from rediff.com but now i cant find the link :(

sry guys

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
@iinfi...no need to be sorry man ....
can't find the info on rediff....but check out this site>>>

*web.mid-day.com/news/business/2005/october/121982.htm

Chill !!!!

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Krish_88 said:
Data limits should go. According to TRAI Broadband is referred as Unlimited Internet
1.0 Broadband connectivity:

Keeping in view the present status, Broadband connectivity is defined at present as

“An ‘always-on’ data connection that is able to support interactive services including Internet access and has the capability of the minimum download speed of 256 kilo bits per second (kbps) to an individual subscriber from the Point Of Presence (POP) of the service provider intending to provide Broadband service where multiple such individual Broadband connections are aggregated and the subscriber is able to access these interactive services including the Internet through this POP. The interactive services will exclude any services for which a separate licence is specifically required, for example, real-time voice transmission, except to the extent that it is presently permitted under ISP licence with Internet Telephony.”
Well this is what TRAI policy says. So, ISP, s can put the caps though the idea of caps is the most deterrent thing and should me removed. TRAI should amend that fast.

NiluGeek

Broken In
data transfer

Yes there should be no limit for surfing internet ,Only when private players come then will the mtnl chairman make internet unlimited ,Under Mtnl broad band plan worse cum worse they even consider simple internet surfing as download

abhinav

Journeyman
I think there need to be a reform.

Only TRAI can help.
Firstly,
we should go with the defination of broadband first.
256kbps.

I think TRAI should force ISPs to give atleast this much speed.
ISPs can surely give this much speed.

Also we think of 99rs internet and all which is just a fake dream since its of no real use.

another thing is that government should do something really about it.

We people are sick of using a 64kbps connection and still some get 10kbps on 64kbps.

some time we have server downs and other time something else.
ISPs should be screwed for the present service that they are giving.

I dont think its value for money here is india.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom