[Views] MSI replaced my motherboard :)

dead.night7

Journeyman
Guys last year I purchased an MSI's AMD 790GX G65 chipset motherboard. After a year on 8th of this month my motherboard had shown me no display. I went on to MSI CERVICE CENTRE in mumbai lamington road. Replaced my board yet with new chipset MSI 890GXM G65. But when the board was handled to me, it was without the box with just a recyclable polythene wrapped to it. My doubt here is whether they gave me an old used board or a new one? Because the board looks shiny and is working fine when connected with every component and runs smoothly. So why did the MSI vendor refused to give me a protective box when handling me the motherboard. According to me they gave me an old one what do you think....

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Guys last year I purchased an MSI's AMD 790GX G65 chipset motherboard. After a year on 8th of this month my motherboard had shown me no display. I went on to MSI CERVICE CENTRE in mumbai lamington road. Replaced my board yet with new chipset MSI 890GXM G65. But when the board was handled to me, it was without the box with just a recyclable polythene wrapped to it. My doubt here is whether they gave me an old used board or a new one? Because the board looks shiny and is working fine when connected with every component and runs smoothly. So why did the MSI vendor refused to give me a protective box when handling me the motherboard. According to me they gave me an old one what do you think....

Depends on the manufacturers. Usually if you pay a certain amount, even a small amount, its best if you get a retail bill with a date you are going to collect the board from and the complete retail pack, or else the board with anti-static bag is all you are going to get.

OP
dead.night7

dead.night7

Journeyman
^^Thanks but, I lost my retail bill. And luckily there was just one thing, the motherboard's serial number behind the board. When they called me he asked for which board to be replaced with. As I thought of I'm died if any of my parent observes this... :( So where should I have paid the money To get things in suitable conditions?

saswat23

Human Spambot
Congrats for your new mobo. Is Topnotch Infotronix the firm that handles MSi's Servce?

And your siggy is somewhat not correct for what it states, though its partially acceptable ;).

OP
dead.night7

dead.night7

Journeyman
^^Thank you.. No, Topnotch Infotronix was not the place i went, but It was Digi-care cervice center near Grant Road Rly Stn, Mumbai.. I am wondering still now that is my motherboard still the new or have it has been used by someone else... Basically I cant locate the Header pins for front Audio headers. I was Not given any manual but the board seems to be the same having just a new chipset of AMD 890GX

saswat23

Human Spambot
Why dont you ask 'em about the same. Just say that this board seems old and doesnt have front audio header pin and ask for a new one.
May be they can replace this board.

Else go to MSi's site and search for Front Audio Header pin on the mobo.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^I am wondering still now that is my motherboard still the new or have it has been used by someone else... Basically I cant locate the Header pins for front Audio headers. I was Not given any manual but the board seems to be the same having just a new chipset of AMD 890GX
They can either provide you with a new or refurbished. You could have asked that question to them directly. If the board looks "spitshine new" then most likely.

Download the manual from the site.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Congrats on the quick replacement.
For your question, ask them for manual and drivers. Do tell them that you won't download them..

OP
dead.night7

dead.night7

Journeyman
Thank you very much guys. My retailer instructed me about all the front panel audio headers now I'm with great performing motherboard. Wondering still will they replace this motherboard still whenever some issues persist in future?...

OP
dead.night7

dead.night7

Journeyman
Three weeks or more, Actually I was having my exams so I resisted going to take the board... the call came to me during my exams asking to fix a date when would I come and collect it. So basically 2 and half is the minimum time they take to change

Top Bottom