MSI R7770 No Display

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Hi all,

My MSI R7770 GPU has an issue.. it has no video output. I switched the PC on one day, and it gave no output. Now its running on the iGPU o/p.

the card is not detected in the Device Manager, nor in HWinfo64. The GPU fans run ok.. my rig is in the siggy..

Please advice. Most of the components are still in warranty.

Thanks in advance!

PS: Any MSI Service Centres in Kolkata???

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
just try to clean the pci e slot and put the card back in. also test carf with another system if possible.
are you using the same cable to connect the monitor to mobo vga/dvi ?

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Digicare systems

Address : Smartlink Network Systems Ltd.,
Ground Floor, Swastic Centre, Lane next to Income Tax Building, P-8, Chowringsquare, Kolkata-700 069

Mrs. Moumita Bera

Mobile : 9903819025

Mr. Pradipta Kumar Behera
Mobile : 9007734401

Tel : 033-40085997/22136182/221636152
Email : rma.east@smartlink.co.in,
moumita.bera@smartlink.co.in,
pradipta.behera@smartlink.co.in

or

Menoka Appartment, Holding No.10/1584 , Underward No.18 Rajarhat, Gopalpur Municipality, Kolkata-700157

Mr. Ramtanu Chakraborti

Mobile : 09874546197

Tel : 033 - 25720008
Email : Ramtanu.Chakraborti@smartlink.co.in

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
tried with another pci e slot??
you likely need to rma your card.

tried with another pci e slot??
you likely need to rma your card.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Yeah, it seems you need to RMA it .. No display is a common issue in HD 7770..
RMA it asap, you might get a bronze radeon reward HD 7770 as a replacement, like I did (Can redeem a game of choice from steam)

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Digicare systems

Ground Floor, Swastic Centre, Lane next to Income Tax Building, P-8, Chowringsquare, Kolkata-700 069

Mrs. Moumita Bera

Mobile : 9903819025

Mr. Pradipta Kumar Behera
Mobile : 9007734401

Tel : 033-40085997/22136182/221636152
Email : rma.east@smartlink.co.in,
moumita.bera@smartlink.co.in,
pradipta.behera@smartlink.co.in

or

Menoka Appartment, Holding No.10/1584 , Underward No.18 Rajarhat, Gopalpur Municipality, Kolkata-700157

Mr. Ramtanu Chakraborti

Mobile : 09874546197

Tel : 033 - 25720008
Email : Ramtanu.Chakraborti@smartlink.co.in

thanks a lot bud!!

Yeah, it seems you need to RMA it .. No display is a common issue in HD 7770..
RMA it asap, you might get a bronze radeon reward HD 7770 as a replacement, like I did (Can redeem a game of choice from steam)

i remember you doing an RMA of your 7770.. what was your issue?? same as mine??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
He has Asus HD7770 and your's is from MSI so can't say for sure what you are going to get.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
thanks a lot bud!!

i remember you doing an RMA of your 7770.. what was your issue?? same as mine??

I was having artefacts a couple of times, nothing serious but suddenly, BAM, No display while starting computer..
So maybe, our problems are similar
He has Asus HD7770 and your's is from MSI so can't say for sure what you are going to get.
Bronze Radeon reward??
Radeon rewards are available for all newer AMD cards, be it sapphire, ASUS, etc.. Just make sure your date of manufacture is after august
*amd4u.com/radeonrewards/

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
I was having artefacts a couple of times, nothing serious but suddenly, BAM, No display while starting computer..
So maybe, our problems are similar

Radeon rewards are available for all newer AMD cards, be it sapphire, ASUS, etc.. Just make sure your date of manufacture is after august
*amd4u.com/radeonrewards/

yeah.. same thing happened for me too.. one fine day, powered on the PC, and there was no display. and the card was not detected as well.. switched over to iGPU and it was working fine.

yep, AFAIR 7770s are all AMD design boards. the 3rd parties only modify the cooler, not the board. so its safe to assume that all 7770s are same design.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
My comment was about the A.S.S. of asus and msi with msi being degraded in quality nowadays and there's plenty of HD 7770s avaiable with custom pcb :

BTW, here's some examples of HD7770 with custom PCB :

HIS Radeon HD 7770 GHz edition review - Introduction

MSI Radeon HD 7770 Power Edition review - Introduction

HARDOCP - XFX R7770 Black Edition Super Overclocked - XFX R7770 Black Edition Super Overclocked Review

Gigabyte Radeon HD 7770 OC Video Card Review - Legit ReviewsGigabyte Radeon HD 7770 OC

HARDOCP - XFX R7770 Black Edition Super Overclocked - XFX R7770 Black Edition Super Overclocked Review

Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 Overclocked Graphics Card Review - Conclusion

Top Bottom