MSI R6970 Lightning Temp's...

rahulbalmuri

ωιтн gяєαт gяαρнι¢ѕ......
i got this card recently a few days back....

soi thought i'll record the temp's under full load... so i clicked the Button 'K' on MSI Afterburner Software leftside on top...

and it gives the readings.... my card slowly goes upto 84 Degrees,,,?????!!!!!

is this normal behaviour?????

Cilus

laborare est orare
If it is going to that temparature under load like when you are playing games then it is acceptable.

OP
rahulbalmuri

rahulbalmuri

If it is going to that temparature under load like when you are playing games then it is acceptable.

okay :)

while playing crysis 2... it reaches that temps.... but my cpu (with stock cooler didnt overclock it)... reached 85 and asus utility gave a warning... is this that bad,.,..????

i used graphics setting as HARDCORE...

other options being GAMER and ADVANCED... now which is the highest profile...??

OP
rahulbalmuri

rahulbalmuri

^^I guess its i5 2500k and the temps are high...

i'll give you a decription of my cabinet....

my PSU TX750V2's Case Fan is blowing the air into the cabinet space...

my cabby has a 120mm Fan on the side blowing air out of the cabinet and front led fan doing the same.... i've options to put four more fans (two on top + 1 at the back + 1 on the side)... will this reduce the temps.,.,????

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Ideally the front fan should be pulling in fresh air to the cabinet. Who set the heat sink fan assembly for your CPU.

OP
rahulbalmuri

rahulbalmuri

Ideally the front fan should be pulling in fresh air to the cabinet. Who set the heat sink fan assembly for your CPU.

the dealer whom i bought the cpu.. did it... i'm looking to buy Noctua D-14 and planning to overclock my proccy to 4.5ghz 24/7... suggest me in this regard too...

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Re-do the HSF with proper TIM. Your thermals should be fine. Fix the front fan. No need for OEM HSF as of now.

coolgame

Journeyman
i have a 580 lightning.my overclocked (950MHz) on air have been about 80 degrees max.for the D14. 4.5ghz,prime95,75-80 degree range.i m running at 4.5 24x7

OP
rahulbalmuri

rahulbalmuri

i have a 580 lightning.my overclocked (950MHz) on air have been about 80 degrees max.for the D14. 4.5ghz,prime95,75-80 degree range.i m running at 4.5 24x7

if i go for liquid cooling for my cpu... will i have to change the fluid in the cooler frequently... for example... H60 of corsair????

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
i got this card recently a few days back....

soi thought i'll record the temp's under full load... so i clicked the Button 'K' on MSI Afterburner Software leftside on top...

and it gives the readings.... my card slowly goes upto 84 Degrees,,,?????!!!!!

is this normal behaviour?????

If I remember properly, that K button would start Kombuster which is a stress tester for your GPU. So expect to see higher temps than what you will get under gaming.

Top Bottom