[Complaint] MSI Graphic card RMA - Solved

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
---------------- Update

Most Recent Call ID No. - CLG311628984

31st May : MSI HD6850 graphic card submitted for RMA into Digicare Kolkata branch.

5th June : Got the card repaired.

12th June : Due to non functionality of the card again submitted into the same branch of Digicare and after that I got the card repaired two more times in between 12th June and 25 th June ..

yesterday ( 25 Th June ), when I went into Digicare to collect the card they were giving me the same repaired card ( they test it by booting into win7 desktop only - no other test option ) and I simply refused this this time. They told me to Contact Tayan Som. So had a talk with him and said him I got the card same card repaired 3 times and due to the bad quality of repair work this card is having same issue ( which is getting worse with every repair work ) again and again and I want a replacement uint. He said to submit the card again and I did submit it again.

Now here's some Interesting part : When I submitted the card on the 12th June the Digicare Guys wrote on the Remark part of the RMA receipt that : "Customer needs replacement" but instead of replacement I got the repaired card.

Now again when I submitted it they wrote the same thing and the card came back from RMA in repaired condition which quality is very pathetic to say the least. So on the basis of previous experinces I simply refused to take the card. And submitted it for RMA again on the same day without taking it out from the service center so no one can make some funny stories later.

I asked Digicare guys why is this happening againand again : they replied that they don't have proper testing and repair facility in Kolkata branch so they need to send it to Delhi for repair and testing. Now the main issue with the card is it works fine in desktop mode but as soon as I start playing game or use any benchmark app the whole screen will gray out or show corrupt textures and images and the repair work only lasts for either 5 day or 2 day or only 1 hence Digicare ( Kolkata ) recommended to replace the unit.

Now Due to the extensive repair work done by either Digicare ( Delhi ) or MSI ( Delhi ) the serial no. sticker of the card almost wearing off ( no warranty without serial ) and when I pointed this to the representative at the service center he just used cello tape to stick it with the card and told it will be Ok.

Anyway, I'm sick tired of this repair game and with every repair the card is getting worse .. in stability and physical condition ( repair marks and the sticker issue ) both and with such pathetic repair work this issue won't be solved unless I get a good replacement for this card ( heard MSI sometime offer people sub par refurbished products as replacement ). So after all these hassle what I want is a proper replacement of the product.

Can anyone give the e-mail id's of MSI Taiwan HQ or whom whould I contact on this ?

here's the RMA Delivery Challan and Receipt .. look at the marked parts : ( personal details edited ) :

*i.imgur.com/y4clOHx.jpg

*i.imgur.com/wosyoSO.jpg

--------------- Old Thread Contents :

So, on yesterday afternoon I was playing Metro 2033 Last Light on a HD6850 ( at stock clock speeds ) and all of a sudden the game Froze and quit to desktop. Tried to restart the game but it won't run so restarted the PC. After that started playing the game again and the game froze with a gray screen. Had to hard reset the system and after that starting from bios screen the monitor is showing some broad vertical blue stripes. Checked with another gfx card but the vertical blue stripes on monitor was not there anymore. cleaned the HD6850 and the slot and remounted properly but the same issue persist so the HD6850 has gone bad for sure.

now I Need to RMA a MSI HD6850 graphics card .. let's see how things goes from here. Will keep you guys updated.

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Good luck broda :)..
Another member just got a HD 6870 RMA and his experience was quite good..
PS: You have a good chance of getting a HD 7850 in return

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
just hope that I don't have to go through some shitty experience like before with some other crappy manufacturers ( you know how SC guys tend to screw up things and some time manufacturers take the role of dumb audience ) ... anyway, thanks bro.

kartikoli

Busy!!
I thought that MSI had closed shop in India. Is service still available?

no they havent
they have kicked out local distributors and msi international have taken charge so in case of replacement the card will go to there international facility and due to this the RMA process will take much longer time then before

Gollum

Collector
no they havent
they have kicked out local distributors and msi international have taken charge so in case of replacement the card will go to there international facility and due to this the RMA process will take much longer time then before

well I hope It does not take too long. Do you have their support number

Nerevarine

Incarnate
^TDF members never sleep i guess :)
Did they say how many days it might take ?
My card has been delayed by digicare :(.. Gonna have to wait till tuesday

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
they told me to call back after a week though I will call them before a week.

flyingcow

Shibe
OT: is it possible for some one to get a card lower than thiers??? Or maybe other edition of 6850 from msi??

Nerevarine

Incarnate
yes from time to time, they give a lower edition like 7750 for example but it is OP's duty to refuse.. Im sure, he has more than enough experience to deal with that..
But if its an underclocked edition of HD 6850, its not worth complaining i guess
they might also give u a credit note, make sure you tell them that if you do not find the card of your choice in the store, you will be back (with vengeance !!!)

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
OT: is it possible for some one to get a card lower than thiers??? Or maybe other edition of 6850 from msi??

yes from time to time, they give a lower edition like 7750 for example but it is OP's duty to refuse.. Im sure, he has more than enough experience to deal with that..
But if its an underclocked edition of HD 6850, its not worth complaining i guess
they might also give u a credit note, make sure you tell them that if you do not find the card of your choice in the store, you will be back (with vengeance !!!)

Hmm .. let's see what Digicare and MSI do about this now - shall we ?

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
I once submitted my HD 6870 Hawk for RMA too. It was fan problem. They replaced the fan within a week :) I think you will get new card :D

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Update : Called digicare on Tuesday ( 4th June ) and they said to call back after 4 days .. now a while ago when I checked the RMA status on their website it's showing "Ready For Dispatch" .. I'm being a little bit skeptical about this but still I hope that everything is going to all right with this RMA ...

Top Bottom