MSI Big Bang Xpower and Corsair H50

msaiashwin

Journeyman
Please give your opinions on MSI Big Bang XPower which is a feature rich motherboard with very good packaging and additional accessories. In some reviews that i have read it consumes lesser power than the gigabyte boards.

If there are any users of the board also give me your opinion.

And is the Corsair H50 a good CPU Cooler? Are there any water leaks? How is it priced?

S_V

In the zone
MSI Big Bang is good board. Though I am not using it, it was said it's a good board. But it doesn't have standard PCI slot so just check once before you go for it..

Corsair H50 is really good CPU cooler ,it performs par with same range air coolers. But it's not so great for above 4 or more GHZ overclock. If you push pull it, you can see little drop in temps too.. For i7 it's not recommended product when considering OC.

If space is not a problem i would suggest you to consider Noctua DH14. It's very good and perform's better than H70 in some cases.. Only problem with DH14 is space and clearance in cabinets as well as RAM slots... World wide it's consider TOP notch product.

EDIT:
H50 = around 4200
Waterleaks= 99.9% No Leaks

Last edited:

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
+1 for Noctua DH14. H50 is good but for the price DH14 is much better.

H50 is 4.5k i think and no it won't leak.

OP
M

msaiashwin

Journeyman
For space i dont hav a problem as I am taking the HAF-X.

And finally the 6970 reviews are out and looks like amd wants to take on gtx 570 instead of gtx 580.

So I am buying the GTX 580 which is faster and cooler than 6970

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
The fins on the d14 are thinner compared you u12p se2 and will be an obstacle for rams with tall heatspreaders. You wouldn't really need anything more than noctua u12pse2/venemous X.

Someone said xpower is a good board but question is do you need it? What's you budget, requirement, need, etc. That's the point in having a pc build template.

Last edited:
OP
M

msaiashwin

Journeyman
@Sorcerer

My budget is 1.5 lakh.

This is my final config. Please give your valuable suggestions on it.

Motherboard: MSI Big Bang Xpower-( I personally like MSI for the military class componenets and good pricing. Suggest alternative from gigabyte if any)Is a gigabyte better than a msi?

Processor: Intel Core i7 950-
Graphic Card: MSI Nvidia GTX 580( or Zotac?)
RAM: Corsair Dominator 12GB(3X4GB) 1600FSB:
Hard Disk: Seagate 2 TB(2X1TB)-
PSU: Corsair HX 850 or AX 850?( wanna have 850 w for future proofing my system)-
Cabinet: Cooler Master HAF-X-

Monitor: Samsung PX2370- (Please suggest a better one if available or the cheapest 27 inch)

UPS: APC 1kVA-
Keyboard: Microsoft SideWinder X6-
Mouse: Some cheap wireless mouse
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper N620( Light OCing)

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
You already have a thread.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/134852-new-gaming-rig-1-5-lakh.html

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
I personally like MSI for the military class componenets and good pricing.
Then you need to read this:
Military/Server class/grade/Standard Mosfet/chokes/Solid caps in consumer grade equipments. | Rants and the awesomeness!

Don't get me wrong but it seems you already made up your mind about it. I don't think anyone can give you a valuable suggestion if you dont say the purpose of this system. The whole config draft gives an impression that its put together by a fanboy. 1.5 lakh system meant for gaming (mostly) and no IPS panel is strange. That's a good money being wasted.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
@Sorcerer

My budget is 1.5 lakh.

This is my final config. Please give your valuable suggestions on it.

Motherboard: MSI Big Bang Xpower-( I personally like MSI for the military class componenets and good pricing. Suggest alternative from gigabyte if any)Is a gigabyte better than a msi?

Processor: Intel Core i7 950-
Graphic Card: MSI Nvidia GTX 580( or Zotac?)
RAM: Corsair Dominator 12GB(3X4GB) 1600FSB:
Hard Disk: Seagate 2 TB(2X1TB)-
PSU: Corsair HX 850 or AX 850?( wanna have 850 w for future proofing my system)-
Cabinet: Cooler Master HAF-X-

Monitor: Samsung PX2370- (Please suggest a better one if available or the cheapest 27 inch)

UPS: APC 1kVA-
Keyboard: Microsoft SideWinder X6-
Mouse: Some cheap wireless mouse
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper N620( Light OCing)

If I were you then instead of going for multiple 1 TB HDDs, I would have purchased a cheap 40GB or 80 GB SSD first. If the purpose is gaming, it will simply boost your performance by a lot of margin due to the high memory bandwidth of SSDs. Intel 80 GBs are available @ 12K.

S_V

In the zone
SSD won't boost lot of performance but it helps loading games better. For FPS They won't be any much help compared to normal HDD. It just loads game better even loading shaders also doesn't show any help it all depends on Video card..

OP
M

msaiashwin

Journeyman
@S_V i am from visakhapatnam

@ sorcerer: my purpose is mainly for gaming..
Dude i know IPS panels are good but i heard they are characterized with slow response time. Even the dell IPS panel which i saw only had a 8 ms response time which is lesser than my current viewsonic 19 inch monitor which has a 5ms response time. Will this affect my performance? If no then i will surely go for a IPS panel. Please tell the price of Dell IPS panels.

Also please tell me wat additional can i buy for my investment.

I feel SSD's are currently very expensive. Will wait for sometime.

Last edited:

S_V

In the zone
yes, considering the price and value SSD's are total waste of money in India. If u know anyone from USA ,get it from there. Don't buy here in India..

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Intel Core i7 950 @ 14.3k
Gigabyte GA X58A UD5 @ 15.8k
Noctua NH-D14 @ 4.8k
Mushkin Blackline 998771 6GB Copperhead Kit @ 9.6k
Zotac GTX580 @ 31k
Mushkin Callisto Deluxe 180GB @ 24.5k
WD 1TB Black Sata3 @ 5k
Corsair HX850W @ 9.2k
CM HAF X @ 11.9k
DELL Ultrasharp U2311H * 2 @ 28k

Total - 154.1k

Ihave suggested you a dual monitor setup for gaming. these are IPS panels.
That response time wont make difference. SSD is well within your budget.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Dude i know IPS panels are good but i heard they are characterized with slow response time.
Those days are gone long back. Whoever you heard it from is not aware of currently available (And some older ones) hardware scene and needs to do brush up- big time.

Even the dell IPS panel which i saw only had a 8 ms response time which is lesser than my current viewsonic 19 inch monitor which has a 5ms response time.
Funda of response time between TN and IPS panel is significantly different.

Will this affect my performance?
Nope

Its pretty obvious- you're not going to overclock much. SSDs to help in significant load up time. When you use it, you will know for sure. You just have to make sure you buy a decent enough SSD. You get corsair force and you can accomodate on this budget. Think before you invest. You wouldn't really need anything more than x58 sabertooth.

I mean- COME ON!!! 1.5 LAKH!!! No dedicated sound card? No 5.1 channel speakers? Boy talk about dissapointment.

@ Jaskanwar: Point of UD5? Point of dual screens?

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
sorcy i just mentioned dual screen as his purpose was gaming and dual screen will be more enjoyable. its in his budget. but yes sabertooth will be sufficient.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Intel Core i7 950
Asus x58 sabertooth
Thermalright Cogage TRUE Spirit
Gskill F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI
Zotac GTX580
Corsair CSSD-F60GB2 (Primary OS boot) Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB (Secondary- for storage)
Corsair AX850
NZXT Tempest EVO
DELL Ultrasharp U2311H

Yeah. AX series. Other than 90% efficiency, AFAIK from a trusted and a reliable source that the fan on the power supply switches on only if it crosses a particular temperature. A common friend thought it was defective and gave it for RMA but its rather a feature. The fan is controlled that way. 7 years warranty is a pretty nice touch. Price difference is justified.

Save the rest of the money or you could spend it on a decent enough sound card (xonar essence stx) with a decent enough 5.1 speakers (others should help you out on that) and maybe a good enough keyboard, mouse and mousepad.If I were you, I would rather 2x 60gigs and raid them rather than buying a single 120 gigs SSD drive.

Last edited:

S_V

In the zone
@The sorcerer

Yaar, i don't understand why are you so persistent to make him buy SSD.

SSD second generation disks are soon to launch and prices will surely go down(half price) with current SSD's in coming months . It's total waste of money to spend on them right now.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@OP, buddy do you just wanna spend the money or you want yo spend the money reasonably?
Big bang Mobo? 12GB RAM? Yet a Cheap Mice? No Speakers, Sound Card, IPS Monitor? Don't take me wrong but I have to say that you need to listen to yourself again.
And one more thing, there is no Future Proof thing in this PC stuffs, yes your Cabinet, SMPS might be carried on for a bit longer but other things will be outdated so quickly that after an year you will look at your PC and say - Oh my God, This is my 1.5 Lac PC? It's valuation is not even 50k now!!! Ahh, I shouldn't have invest this much and blah blah blah....
You are not investing in Gold that you will get 2-3X return insead you are investing behind a PC, so I think you should re check your mind again before spending.

Regards.

Last edited:
OP
M

msaiashwin

Journeyman
If Asus Sabertooth is enough then I will go for it. Why I considered the big bang xpower was that they wer giving a dedicated sound card and many of them told me that there are rma problems with rashi(asus). For some reason I personally like MSI.

For the GTX 580 should i go for MSI or ZOTAC? I heard zotac has 3+2 year warranty. How is the rma with them? and are both reference boards? In terms of quality which is better?

regarding the speakers instead of the 5.1 i thought of getting the altec lansing MX6021(expressionist ultra) for 8.5k with 200w RMS. I guess a powerful 2.1 will do it for me.

Top Bottom