MSI 9800GTX+ trouble

TDP666

Right off the assembly line
i have 9800gtx+ (from MSI)
i shutdownd my pc (without any problem) and when i restarted i got these ultra wierd screens (from booting up till windows desktop) i mean i was hardly able to recognize whats going on but the windows booted normally....after that i got start up recovery error.....i repaired it w/o dvd and it worked but after that it started showing windows activation screen...i clicked later and after that windows booted normally to desktop......but all thing in those wierd graphics....i checked my video cable/monitor with other pc and those were absolutely fine then i removed my gfx card and re inserted it by clearing dust and checking connections ...still no change....
now i checked under device manager and saw my card was shown witha question mark and it was written "windows has disabled this hardware becoz it wasnt functioning properly" something like that after that i re installed nvidia drivers
but when i started it after few hours normal gfx were back...but after few minutes it revert back to wierd gfx and pc restarted with those poor gfx again.
so can any one tell me what happened is my GFX card gone :( or is there any other problem
i dont wanna spend money on it again coz i spend like 15k on it atm of purchasing...also its made in december 2008 and i bought in jan 2009 so is it possible that its still in warranty
thanx

these are the pic of how my lcd looks
*img220.imageshack.us/img220/1264/1003183t.jpg
*img801.imageshack.us/img801/884/1003180t.jpg
*img845.imageshack.us/img845/3500/1003181t.jpg

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
From the Pics i think ur card is dying looks like a VRam error if possible try to check the card temp using GPUZ/Afterburner i think the card carries 3yrs warranty so try ur luck also before contacting MSI check ur card in another PC
MSI Online Customer Service
Phone Numbers :

Landline : 011-42701424, 011-41758808, 011-41758809
Ext. : Service/Support : 30, Technical : 43

rmaindia@msi.com : For any query and support related to Service

azzu

AJJU
Check u r Gfx card on other system's....
and also clean and re0install ur Ram (i had similar problem once and removing Ram solved it)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Either the graphics card or the RAM. Try installing one module at a time and check. Also test your graphics card at a separate PC.

OP
T

TDP666

i guess i have pretty much tried every thing and its seems that the gfx card is at fault...i hope its still in warranty :neutral:

OP
T

TDP666

okay guys some update on my probem.....
i went to the service center in delhi......and luckily it was in warranty period so they took it and asked to enquire after one week.
But I want to add something about this service center....it had three counters.two for intel and one for MSI.there was no token system.i waited for almost an hour for my turn.....and there were only 5-7 people total at that time.
the guys working there were sooooooooooooo slow even a snail would have done the job quicker.the service center was pathetic in whole.
Also the response from the people coming there for second time was not that good.....there delivery were never on time and the product started having problem after one month of repair.....some of them were waiting for like one month.
i hope i will get my card soon....repaired ofc.

one more thing they gave me this address to check my RMA status

Untitled Document
but when i open the url i get this

404 Not Found

The requested URL '/crm/jsp/crm_web_comp_main.jsp' was not found on this server.

:lol::lol::lol:
service center details

Digicare service Center,
410,4th Floor,
Modi Tower
nehru Place
New Delhi 110019

Ph:011-40516509

email:rma.nehruplace@digisol.com

My rating of this center---- 1/5

PS:Is there any sub forum/thread dedicated to review/sharing experience of a service center ?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Start a new thread under this:-

Service and RMA watch - Digit Technology Discussion Forum

Top Bottom