MS office faux pas

andy_65_in

Padawan
what microsoft office version can i download free for win 8.Ionly have a few Microsoft redistributable visual software of various MBs of 2008-2010 vintage preinstalled in my original USA made HP window 8 lappy.i had to uninstall a BORROWED microsoft office 2010 after i erroneously downloaded some patch from microsoft website which converts word to pdf for office 2007 and ran it up resulting in all conversion of all word files into pdf files and since then non opening of my old word files at all. i have adobe reader XI(11.0.06) and adobe flash player 13.please help.also i dont have any access to any microsoft office suite now-in word,excel etc.can i download any MS offcie free version.please help- my all oold word files have now converted into pdf in doc.x and wont open with this software error.i also have silverlight MS preinstalled.i read somewhere abt trial version of office 2013.i am in a fix-please help me:-?

Last edited:
OP
A

andy_65_in

Padawan
what abt compatibility issues with MS software for libre/wps.how good is office 365

- - - Updated - - -

few Microsoft redistributable visual software of various MBs of 2008-2010 vintage preinstalled---what are these software-r they of any use.also is silverlight of any use

- - - Updated - - -

why have all my files converted into pdf now-what can i do-the office 2010 was a BORROWED version.please help

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
These is no free version of ms office, that's why I recommended you to try libre office. It's compatible with almost all ms office formats. As for wps office, it looks like a clone of ms office. Libre office is free.

OP
A

andy_65_in

Padawan
why cant some of my windows open with adobe reader XI, ihave installed ms office professional plus 2007-any compatibility issues-what adobe shud i use now. i converted one word file into pdf file using a online convertor whic is opening with adobe reader XI but this file opens as --.docx.pdf.WHY

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
simply ditch MS office and adobe reader IMHO, there are better ones for free.
Foxit reader, google chrome (yep it supports PDF's, MP4's and what not): for PDF
Libre Office, Kingsoft Office (also called WPS office, Link: *www.ksosoft.com/downloads/windows ): office suite

Top Bottom