enjoy your stay there

and post some pics here

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Re: Congratulations gxsaurav, anandk and Vishal Gupta for the MS MVP 2007 award

The MVP Summit keynote from Bill Gates will webcast at 9 pm tonight IST

anandk

Distinguished Member
hi guys ! its good to be back ! stayed a few xtra days in london on my way back; hence i came much later than most others !

the summit was a great experience, not just in terms of what one learns, but more in terms of the whole 'package'. over 2000 delegates from all nationalities (over 90) and colors; difrnt professions (from a fireman to techies); difrnt age groups(20-50); difrnt sights, difrnt sounds; great peer-group networking oppurtunities; cool fun, all added up to a great total experience.

microsoft had put me up in the westin hotel. from there the washington convention centre was just a few blocks away. rather than take their bus, i prefrd to stroll up-n-down every day. downtown seattle, where both were situated is a classy area, and thus the walks and the sights were really enjoyable. ;-)

the first day was spent in registration and then the expo, where we were given quite a few useful freebies and ya it was time well spent in learning a few things too. its here that all India mvps' met each other here first.

the next day bill gates adrsd us. search, live, tablet pc, vista/office 2007, were among the difrnt topics he touched upon. the transcript has ofcourse already been posted at here and several other places.
*i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/happyandy/BillGates.jpg
dressed casually as ever, i thought bill gates looked a little tired. but here we were, being adrsd by the richest and the most successful businessman on this planet...and they were moments that will stay with me !

the next 2 days were spent in redmond at the ms conference centre, where we had, what were called as the breakout sessions. some new (semi-confidential) developments and insights were shared with us.
*i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/happyandy/th_WSConventionCentre.jpg *i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/happyandy/th_WestinHotel.jpg *i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/happyandy/th_Brealfasttime.jpg *i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/happyandy/th_BreakOutSessions.jpg
we cud even tailor and attend the sessions as per our interests. well, apart from the vista deployment sessions, i chose to attend one each, on live, games for vista, licensing, etc. ms came for some flak from the mvp's for some of its licensing policies. in all, some cool to-n-fro sharing sessions. amongst sevrl such stuff, i learnt about SeaDragon in the live labs session ! the demo was just awesome !

we also visited the microsoft company store. where i purchased some good ms stuff at cool prices. for eg i purchased a couple of xtra 'vista ultimates' for just usd 45 each !

the whole summit was smartly organised and all sessions nicely interlinked with each other with hearty brealfast/lunch/dinner sessions.

seattle will stay with me for quite some time... :)

Kiran.dks

Technomancer

Welcome back! Nice experience anand. :) Congratulations!

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP

Welcome back anand sir. :D
We missed u a lot. :)

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

i see you nowhere in those pics??
where are u man?

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent

I cant see pics :( imageshack is blocked
Can anyone mail me that pics

anandk

Distinguished Member

thanx kiran, vishal, rajasekaran and ALL ! :)

i was behind the camera gary4gar :D

piyush the pics have been hosted at photobucket.

Tech Geek

Wise Old Owl

Seems to be a nice experience....
Congratulations

anandk

Distinguished Member

SO WE NOW HAVE ONE MORE Microsoft MVP !!!

saurav_cheeta !!! *i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/happyandy/bravo.gif

mods : maybe this thread can be renamed as "The MS MVP Thread" !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom