mplayer installation problem using yum on FC6

Status
Not open for further replies.

cranky

Broken In
I use an FC6, i tried installing mplayer.i386 using the yum install command, after resolving the dependencies and showing a table as to which all packages it wishes to download, i hit the 'y' key to download, then it showed the below error after downloading all those packages:
Code:
Transaction Check Error:   file /usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51 conflicts between attempted installs of ffmpeg-libs-0.4.9-0.34.20070204.lvn6 and ffmpeg-0.4.9-0.8.20070109.fc6
  file /usr/lib/libavformat.so.51 conflicts between attempted installs of ffmpeg-libs-0.4.9-0.34.20070204.lvn6 and ffmpeg-0.4.9-0.8.20070109.fc6
  file /usr/lib/libavutil.so.49 conflicts between attempted installs of ffmpeg-libs-0.4.9-0.34.20070204.lvn6 and ffmpeg-0.4.9-0.8.20070109.fc6

Some more info.....
>I had previously installed ffmpeg from sources, then after getting this error i uninstalled it using 'make uninstall' command
>Then, checked if the conflicting files (in '/usr/lib' dir) were deleted, they were.

Even after this, when i try i get this same error, what could be the problem.
:mad:

freebird

Debian Rocks!
ffmpeg compiled installed from source..Ok.but still some files may be header files are there.try reading the original script for the inst directories and files.
in my debian install:
Code:
p*edonwinxp:~# whereis ffmpeg
ffmpeg: /usr/bin/ffmpeg /usr/X11R6/bin/ffmpeg /usr/bin/X11/ffmpeg /usr/include/ffmpeg /usr/share/man/man1/ffmpeg.1.gz
just search /usr/include dir for ffmpeg or like file,remove it manually.

next time while installing from source.check this software- Checkinstall-it will make rpms or debs from source.
Checkinstall:
*asic-linux.com.mx/~izto/checkinstall/

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
And are you mixing different repositories like livina, atrpms and such? That could also be problematic too.

OP
C

cranky

Broken In
ok now i made sure i removed all that was installed from my previous ffmpeg installation, and mplayer also installed successfully, i had given this command: yum install mplayer.i386

but whenever i start it i end up getting this error:
Code:
mplayer: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51: undefined symbol: faacDecOpen
what should i do?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom