Mplayer gives repeated error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
I got Mplayer installed through a repository and all the dependencies are installed on my Open suse 10.2 through yast. But on starting Mplayer, I get an error -

Code:
New_Face failed. Maybe the font path is wrong. Please supply the text font file (~/.mplayer/subfont.ttf)

Mplayer seems to work but the error pops up for every dialog and window in Mplayer.
This is the listing i got i n that folder
Code:
jsemmanuel@emmanuel:~> cd ~/.mplayer
jsemmanuel@emmanuel:~/.mplayer> ls
config  gui.conf  gui.history  gui.pl  gui.url
jsemmanuel@emmanuel:~/.mplayer>

OP
ilugd

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
it doesn't ask me to browse, it just has an ok button in the error dialog.

OP
ilugd

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
I put in this font in the preferences>font ~/.fonts/Verdana.ttf and restarted mplayer but still getting that error.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
The problem is becoz Mplayer is not coupled properly with a font. Just copy any font to ~/.mplayer and rename it to subfont.ttf.

eagle_y2j

Youngling
Kiran_tech_mania said:
The problem is becoz Mplayer is not coupled properly with a font. Just copy any font to ~/.mplayer and rename it to subfont.ttf.

are u sure subfont.ttf. is responsible for this error as me 2 faced same problem and i used MtBdLfRg.ttf and all worked fine !

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
eagle_y2j said:
are u sure subfont.ttf. is responsible for this error as me 2 faced same problem and i used MtBdLfRg.ttf and all worked fine !

It's just a symlink. You need to just use any font and link it to mplayer. In iliqud case, it was pin-pointing to subfont, hence I suggested him to rename it to subfont.ttf. Cases may vary.

praka123

left this forum longback
^^ but this font problem is with old versions of mplayer if i remember.
for me,Debian or Ubuntu mplayer works gr8.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
praka123 said:
^^ but this font problem is with old versions of mplayer if i remember.
for me,Debian or Ubuntu mplayer works gr8.

I too have no problems in my Ubuntu. It may be in other distros due to some missing files.

eagle_y2j

Youngling
hey I wanna know y my mplayer is not showing fullscreen it just fills blank space with black actual scene remains same ...

OP
ilugd

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
yeah, maybe, but I installed through some repository and it has got to be uptodate. Also maybe mplayer hasn't been properly modified for Open Suse by the repository developers

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Is your problem solved? Beryl has compatibility problems with VLC player too. Full screen mode is blank. The bug has been reported. They are working on this. Soon we may see compatibility issue solved.

In VLC player, this problem can be solved to certain extent by using x11 video mode output. But the video in this case will be pixelated.

For Mplayer, you may try out "Unredirect full screen windows" option in Beryl Settings Manager. Give a try.

Here is the ticket of the bug:

Ticket #1874 (new Bug): Fullscreen problems with many apps

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom