mpeg to DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
please suggest something for the reverse conversion. i mean DVD to mpeg.
i have a dvd with region other than india and U.S. and hence, it's unplayble in all the dvd players, giving errors like " unknown region " any software to play that DVD without changing the region of my sony dvd rw.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
club_pranay said:
i have a dvd with region other than india and U.S. and hence, it's unplayble in all the dvd players, giving errors like " unknown region " any software to play that DVD without changing the region of my sony dvd rw.
The DVD can change the region code for 5 times and it locks itself to the code used at the 5th time. U can change it by using softwares..or firmware upgrade..

U can remove the region code using firmware upgrade, see this for more info...
*www.artecusa.com/tech-support-firmware.html

But anyways, i have never tried it, and ask support from members/dealers before going on...

Hmm... after u unlock ur drive, u can install DVD Region Free, It also supports region-locked (RPC-2) DVD drive, and does not require firmware modifications. It has no previous limitations and it will work, even if you can not change the DVD drive's region anymore.

*www.dvdidle.com/dvd-region-free.htm

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
@pranay

Use #1 DVD Ripper to rip that DVD into any format u like.....(why mpeg....it takes lotta space)........rip it to avi using VP62 & Lame MP3 .......

for the steps on how to do it see my siggie topic.....

Im telling u to use #1DVD Ripper cos it rips DVDs which have a different region too......

try it out.......

also go to www.doom9.org n look for region free tools.............

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
thanx for the advice maverickrohan, but the player that i have in my car can only play mpeg, vcd, svcd media.

thanx drgrudge and maverickrohan for the usefull information.

club_pranay said:
please suggest something for the reverse conversion. i mean DVD to mpeg.

Your Sony DVD-RW is most probably a rebadged Liteon. No need to flash firmware, just use this little utility.
*dhc014.rpc1.org/LtnRPC/

You can do it via the web interface. No need to download.

Or get your Sony/Liteon firmware from here.
*codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html

Get the Sony one that says LED fix for your corresponding drive. This will make you Sony drive LED flash RED while writing like the Liteon.

Also with Omnipatcher (same site) you can custom modify firmware before you flash. The possibilities are endless. :lol:

Getting your hardware to be region free is just half the battle won. Software like PowerDVD, WinDVD maintain a seperate count of region changes.

Read this -

*forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=239

Keith

club_pranay said:
my drive is SONY DDU1622 and the site dont have any firmware for that model.

Sorry, those links are for DVD Burners only.

BTW I could not find a region free firmware for your drive -

*forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=1972

Strange!

EDIT ADD: Wow! You've got a one of a kind drive. I think it's time for you to get a new one. Or exchange it with an unsuspecting friend :wink:.

EDIT ADD 2: Read this thread
*club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=138546&highlight=DDU1622

Is it same as Liteon 166s? You can try flashing from my codeguys link. Remember to make a backup with EEPROM Utility from the same site (under utilities)

-Keith

achacko@dataone.in said:
maverickrohan said:
also go to www.doom9.org n look for region free tools.............

I have some WMV files which play so slwly in Win Media Player. Which one is best to be used for it.....

Slowly as in "stuttering"?. It could be anything from a poor quality encode to lack of enough processing power for decoding (like trying to play a HD video from here on an underpowered system.

Use Gspot and post file details.

-Keith

GSpot won't play video files. It's just there to inform you of codecs used. What does it report under video and audio? Does it say anything about missing codecs? If it does not, then most probably your file is a poor encode.

-Keith

sachin_kothari said:
How can i convert video in mpeg format to VOB(DVD) format.

To author a VOB file you will need to have the video and audio in separate streams (demuxed).

The source video file needs to confirm to the following specs -

Format - MPEG2
PAL - Resolution of 720x576 (full d1) or 704x576 (broadcast d1) at a framerate of 25fps
NTSC- Resolution of 720x480 (full d1) or 704x480 (broadcast d1) at a framerate of 29.97fps
Remember - Lower (half) resolutions are accepted.
Max Bitrate - 9.8Mbps

The Audio source file should be -

Frequency - 48000 Hz
Format - Mpeg1 Layer2 (MP2), Dolby Digital (AC3), DTS or PCM Wav.
Channels - 2 for MP2, upto 5.1 (6) for others.
Max Bitrate - Total of 1536 Kbps for all channels combined

How to make the VOB -

Download IFOEDIT - *ifoedit.wh.fr0zen.com/download/Ifoedit0971.zip

Make a folder by name VIDEO_TS. This is your destination folder for the VOBS.

Open IFOEDIT, select DVD Author>Author New DVD

Select Video, Audio source and final destination folder. Hit OK.

It'll take sometime to multiplex depending on size. Multiple VOBS of max size 1gb each will be created.

How to play -

Drag the VIDEO_TS folder into WINDVD. Offcourse there are many other ways, this is just my preferred method.

How to burn -

Use Make DVD-Video option in Nero. Doubleclick to open the (red) Video_ts folder on the left pane. Drag (all) contents from the VIDEO_TS on your hard disk here.

Note: The Audio_ts folder remains empty.

Hope that's cleared most of your doubts.

Cheers,
Keith

Charley

Just Do It
Keith Sebastian said:
GSpot won't play video files. It's just there to inform you of codecs used. What does it report under video and audio? Does it say anything about missing codecs? If it does not, then most probably your file is a poor encode.

-Keith

Doesnt mention anything. So shud I download the entire stuff again or will I be able to watch it thru any other ?? :?:

Can you post a screenshot of GSpot. I have a feeling the file may be DRM'ed. Stay away from WMV and Microsofts crappy licensing policies.

Post a link to your source, if possible.

-Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom