Mp3 To Midi

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi i want to convert mp3 files to midi and mid how can i and from which software and i also want to know the site from which i can download the software plz help me. :p :?: :shock: :arrow:

Jatin_T

Journeyman
err...a midi file can only play ployphonic tunes..u cant convert an mp3 into a midi!!

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midi
so i guess u cant use midi to save a song..altho i may be wrong!

*www.mp3towav.org/mp3-to-midi.asp

ok..i think i m right..it wont play as a song..it will play as a polyphonic ringtone..if dats what u really wanted..download from the above link!

Jatin_T

Journeyman
So u want to decrease the size of the mp3 to fit into ur fones memory..then there are many softwares available..
DB Power Amp is one of them..get it from download .com

U can compress the mp3 by reducing the kbps..i.e an approx 5 mb sone(128 kbps) can be compressed to ~1.5 mb (40 kbps)..the qulity will be reduced but wont be noticeable for the cell phone output!

OP
I

imported_shivam

Broken In
I HAVE THE SOFTWARE BUT I WANT SOME OTHER SOFTWARE.BUT I DONT WANT TO LOOSE THE QUALITY OF SONG AND WHAT IS .MMF FILE IT A SONG OR A POLYPHONIC RINGTONE AND ANY CONVERTER FOR THIS.

PinKLip

Broken In
Please search the forum.
Some one has posted on how to reduce the size of MP3
One app is there called Diet MP3

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
You cannot reduce the size of the file too much without loosing the quality. Though you might get a lesser size with other compression formats, it may not be too less. Midi are a different thing than a mp3. Here's some insight into what a midi is
One reason for the popularity of MIDI files is that, unlike digital audio files (.wav, .aiff, etc.) or even compact discs or cassettes, a MIDI file does not need to capture and store actual sounds. Instead, the MIDI file can be just a list of events which describe the specific steps that a soundcard or other playback device must take to generate ceratin sounds. This way, MIDI files are very much smaller than digital audio files, and the events are also editable, allowing the music to be rearranged, edited, even composed interactively, if desired.
source
Here's what a google search on mmf ringtones threw up *www.google.co.in/search?q=.mmf+ringtones&sa=N&revid=1543870634&qpos=1&oi=revisions_inline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom