Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a freeware available that can convert .mp3 files to .amr files giving the output in good quality....i have one but the output quality that comes is bad.....any suggestions

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Is there a freeware available that can convert .mp3 files to .amr files giving the output in good quality....i have one but the output quality that comes is bad.....any suggestions

Try mediacoder, it is the best one I have used.

32 bit : *mediacoder.sourceforge.net/mirrors.htm?file=MediaCoder-0.6.1.4180.exe

Power UP

In the zone
@lethalweaponforever ,
Amr is an speech codec. With a max bitrate of 12 kbit/s at 8khz its quality sucks when compared to an ex. 128bit/s 44khz Mp3.
So anything other than speech , it will sound bad. The software u are using is not at fault.

But if you still want to try other apps, then use mediacoder as suggested by debsuvra. Its one of the best in terms of quality.
Or try an much simpler Nokia Pc suite. It has an free audio converter.

shaunak

Tux Fan
^^ I agree.

To be really precise, its 12.2Kb/s @ 8Khz.
So no software on this planet can work wonders on the quality.

AFIK: it is only used to store voice recodings on phones, not music.

If you are looking to save space try encoding to 44Kb/s in mp3.

Power UP

In the zone
@lethalweaponforever

If ur phone supports HE-AAC or HE-AAC v2 , then use these codecs.
These codecs especially HE-AAC v2 (aacPlus v2) will give much better quality at lower bitrates even for music.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
how to encode to 44kbps in MP3 and waht is HE-AAC and how do i know my phone suports it.

When encoding to desired format, select bitrate as 44 kbps to encode a file with 44kbps bitrate.

And for the availability of HE-AAC support in your phone, please check the phone specifications either from the manual given with the phone package or from the manufacture website.

BTW I wish to know which phone are u using ? ;)

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
The specifications for the phone says that it supports MP3 music but does not have expandable memory. So u can try some low bitrate MP3 instead of that crappy AMR.

OP
lethalweaponforever

lethalweaponforever

Journeyman
THNX guys, i'm using MP3 at low bitrate but the output is good, thnx to u guys recommending me a good software and first-class, top of the line, always reliable Sony ericsson noise cancelling earphones

Now one final favour to ask......Is there any good software that can tweak my phone's audio perfomance....u know.....increase the volume of the song played and stuff

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom