MP3 IN UBUNTU

Status
Not open for further replies.

simoncherian

Broken In
something along the same lines

even i have tried to install xmms using all the above methods and i get almost identical error messages. cant even download all the packages as i am behind a proxy.
so could some one please tell me how to set up the proxies and all. i already set it up in firefox and am able to access the net and all but synaptic nor wget command nor the apt get command work. evolution also does not work. also tried to install yahoo messenger. it said libgtk not found. i checked it up in synaptic and found out that it was presently installed.
also since i am in a windows network could somebody tell me how to config samba to access the files in the network.

OP
vignesh

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Can I download rythmbox mp3 plugin.Is it available as a plugin.I think the plugin is gstreamer.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
yes the plugin is gstreamer

*www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/stable/multimedia/gstreamer.html

Well, y dont u configure internet in linux ?

OP
vignesh

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
I have an internal modem.I am trying to configure.Thanks for the link.will let you know if it works.

OP
vignesh

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
ok.gstreamer did not work.But I downloaded bmp(Beep media player)and it intstalled successfully.Now what video player shall I use.Totem does not play anything.

cryptid

Journeyman
Forget XMMS go in for BMP(Beep-Media-player) this is a awesom player with winamp 2.x skin support and it is also called XMMS2(which was suppose to be released but the project died)this player runs on the Gstream codecs and also has WMA file support( the plugin is available) or try Amarok it is also 1 of the best players available

cryptid

Journeyman
vignesh said:
ok.gstreamer did not work.But I downloaded bmp(Beep media player)and it intstalled successfully.Now what video player shall I use.Totem does not play anything.
try Xine-ui its a nice vid player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom