Mozilla and Samsung Collaborate on Next Generation Web Browser Engine

heidi2521

Padawan
*blog.mozilla.org/blog/2013/04/03/m...borate-on-next-generation-web-browser-engine/

Servo is an attempt to rebuild the Web browser from the ground up on modern hardware, rethinking old assumptions along the way. This means addressing the causes of security vulnerabilities while designing a platform that can fully utilize the performance of tomorrow’s massively parallel hardware to enable new and richer experiences on the Web. To those ends, Servo is written in Rust, a new, safe systems language developed by Mozilla along with a growing community of enthusiasts.

We are now pleased to announce with Samsung that together we are bringing both the Rust programming language and Servo, the experimental web browser engine, to Android and ARM. This is an exciting step in the evolution of both projects that will allow us to start deeper research with Servo on mobile. Samsung has already contributed an ARM backend to Rust and the build infrastructure necessary to cross-compile to Android, along with many other improvements. You can try this now by downloading the code from Github, but it’s just the beginning.

Julieanderson

Broken In
Hope it does rust out before it hits the store.Sounds really interesting,its about time someone designed a browser that uses all the core.

OP
H

heidi2521

Padawan
Hope it does rust out before it hits the store.Sounds really interesting,its about time someone designed a browser that uses all the core.

I am not sure I understand what you mean by the bolded part. I'm guessing that the second part means that it's about time someone developed a web browser that utilizes multi core processors to their full extent.

Top Bottom