moving wordpress ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
hey,
i have my blog at www.gaurish.wordpress.com.i recently signed for adsense and came to know that adsense is not supported on wordpress webserver.so i am thinking of moving it from there.i want a domoin name & web hosting site.pls give links for free sites only.also describe the whole migiration process i.e what steps i ahve to follow & what softwares are needed.
in anticipation of ur reply son

regards,
gary

OP
gary4gar

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
hey
as i am a newbie so i want step by step steps to it.u can also provide some handy links.pls help me

Indyan said:
Export your mysql db first (now, since wordpress.com is a click and run service I am not sure if you can do that though.)
how to do it .which options to follow??

Last edited by a moderator:

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
And he even deleted my comment when I posted that he had ripped my post.

Well done, wise guy.

Sourabh

Laptoping
How did I miss this thread! Gaurish ripping post is atleast OK, How in the world could you explain ripping my about me page? You didnt even change the birth location. I can understand ripping posts since you are new at it, and i was not much bothered about you ripping something that i have written but the about me page was something hard for me to digest!

I hope you read what I had written about you on my blog! So please take note.

Sorry for hijacking the topic in discussion but this was important too

OP
gary4gar

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
it_waaznt_me said:
Hmm... So you are the one who copied stuff from our blogs .. :p

mail2and said:
And he even deleted my comment when I posted that he had ripped my post.

Well done, wise guy.

Sourabh said:
How did I miss this thread! Gaurish ripping post is atleast OK, How in the world could you explain ripping my about me page? You didnt even change the birth location. I can understand ripping posts since you are new at it, and i was not much bothered about you ripping something that i have written but the about me page was something hard for me to digest!

I hope you read what I had written about you on my blog! So please take note.

Sorry for hijacking the topic in discussion but this was important too

As i am a newbie in the field of blogging i did'nt new what is blogging or how it is done.i just wanted to be a part of the growing movement.i did not intend to hurt anyone sentiments.i had no motive to hurt anyone.i just wanted to try it.I know was a unknowing mistake which i had cometed.i had done a mistake which i now confess.
As for imposing self punishment i deleted my whole blog at www.gaurish.wordpress.com i will come up with new blog with my own content which will take time.i planning to host it some where else.pls list some of the reliable & add free hosts with have a good track record.

From now on...
i'll be try to be a Honest person.i assure you that in future I will be a good member here following the rules & regulations.

Regards,
Gary Shah

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hmm... I never asked you to do that extreme step .. In fact many people have copied content off my blog ... You just couldve posted a link back as a credit ..
No harsh feelings, a blog is meant to be your personal blah blah .. so write whatever comes to your mind .. copying others stuff isnt gonna help in the long run ..
So best of wishes for your new blog ...

tuxfan

Technomancer
IMO, get a domain and go for a free hosting like zeeblo. Total cost for a year is about Re. 1 per day :) That way, if your blog becomes popular and starts giving you adsense revenue then you can even shift to paid hosting without losing visitors or revenue ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom