Moving whatsapp from windows phone to android phone? - spartakoss

Hello,
to all of you.
Actually I want to move my whatsapp conversations from Lumia 625 to Android that is Note 3, but I don't know how to do this? Can you tell me Is there any app or software to do this? Reply soon.
Thank You.
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

$hadow

Geek in making
I don't know it will work since I have used it with android to android transfer only but make a backup in the watsapp and copy that backup of the phone after installing the whatsapp in the setup you will be prompted to restore the backup.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Give this a read:

You can transfer chats from one Android phone to another. To do so, please follow these steps:

To start, make a backup of your most recent chats.
Go to WhatsApp > Menu Button > Settings > Chat settings > Backup conversations.
Next, transfer this backup to your new Android phone.
If your phone has an external microSD card, take the microSD card out of your old phone, and pop it into your new one.
For phones that have an internal memory / internal SD card (most Samsung phones have this), you will need to transfer the /sdcard/WhatsApp/ folder from your old phone to the same folder of your new phone. There are a couple of ways you can do this. You can use a file explorer or even transfer the backup files to your computer.
Please note it is possible to be missing some files during the transfer. Please double check to make sure all the files you wish to transfer over to your new phone are included in the backup.
If you are unsure about what kind of SD card you have, we recommend checking your phone specifications on your phone manufacturer’s website.
Once you have safely transferred your backup, you can install WhatsApp on your new Android phone.
During the installation process, WhatsApp will automatically find your backup and ask you if you would like to restore it. Once restored, your old chats will reappear, on your new phone.

Yes it's mentioned only for Android phones but it just might work for WP too.

mitraark

Decrepit
My mother has a Lumia 520 with Windows 8, the Whatsapp folder is empty, I've read somewhere that Whatsapp files are inaccessible in Windows mobile, so transferring from Windows to Android is not possible.

There might be some complex process involving backing up of Whatsapp in some format, converting it to something like sql ( not sql , maybe something similar ) and then inserting it into Android, but to be honest I tried to google about it but didn't get any decent solutions.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^ Yeah that's the thing. I haven't read about crossplatform migration of WhatsApp messages yet. I guess it's just not possible because of the different format they might be using to store in WP/iOS devices.

$hadow

Geek in making
Yeah I was thinking about it that's why I was not sure regarding this. It might not be possible overall.

OP
G

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

In the zone
Hello,
Thank You Guys for all the replies and useful info, actually I read on the faq section of whatsapp's official site that windows to android tranfer of whatsapp conversations are not possible, but some times ago I read somewhere on the net that it can be done, so if you can help me in this regards, it would be great, actually I don't want to loss previous chats, anyways Hope to see reply soon.
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

GEEK_LEARNS

Broken In
You can copy your whatsapp from your windoes phone to your computer then move it to android, other way is try phone transfer application.

Hello,
Will the solution that you mentioned work? I don't think so.Anyways, Experienced members of this forum please comment on this.
Thank You.
GEEK_LEARNS

Willa Foster

Right off the assembly line
Maybe you could try to export WhatsApp conversations to google drive or email messages to gmail. Or find a third party whatsapp transfer tool for help.

spartakoss

In Android phones, you can choose to back all your chats and other contents in Google drive by connecting your WhatsApp account to your Google account.

In Windows phone, your chats are backed up every day around midnight to your SD card. You can also choose to back up manually by selecting backup option.

However, you cannot port the backedup messages and other contents of WhatsApp to either platforms. Chats in Android cannot be ported or recovered in Windows phone and backups in Windows phone cannot be recovered when switched to Android.

However, you can manually transfer all your SD card contents such as photos and videos to the other phone and email your chats.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
i think i did xfer my chats backup from android to WP when migrating. this is of concern to me as well as have to move back to android in some time.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
cross platform whatsapp transfer isnt possible at all unfortunately
the only exception is BB10 and Android , they share a lot of code thats why

vikas tanwar

Broken In
Follow these step for Moving whatsapp from windows phone to android phone. To start, make a backup of your most recent chats. Go to WhatsApp > Menu Button > Settings > Chat settings > Backup conversations. Next, transfer this backup to your new Android phone. If your phone has an external microSD card, take the microSD card out of your old phone, and pop it into your new one.

GEEK_LEARNS

Broken In
Follow these step for Moving whatsapp from windows phone to android phone. To start, make a backup of your most recent chats. Go to WhatsApp > Menu Button > Settings > Chat settings > Backup conversations. Next, transfer this backup to your new Android phone. If your phone has an external microSD card, take the microSD card out of your old phone, and pop it into your new one.

Hey,
I want to know Will it work?
GEEK_LEARNS

dee14

Hi guys, anyone tried this? - Backup WhatsApp chats on OneDrive on Windows > Head to desktop > Download WhatsApp chat backup files from OneDrive to desktop > Upload WhatsApp chat backup files from desktop to Google Drive > On the new Android phone, install WhatsApp > On getting a prompt for restore, hopefully, it'll find the WhatsApp chat files backup in the Google Drive.

I say 'hopefully' because I haven't really tested this method. I am about to though, soon, since I'm done with the beautiful-UI-but-very-restricted (only because of the limited apps)-Windows, and will hopefully learn to love Android and become a loyalist. Who knows!

arnold

Broken In
Hi guys, anyone tried this? - Backup WhatsApp chats on OneDrive on Windows > Head to desktop > Download WhatsApp chat backup files from OneDrive to desktop > Upload WhatsApp chat backup files from desktop to Google Drive > On the new Android phone, install WhatsApp > On getting a prompt for restore, hopefully, it'll find the WhatsApp chat files backup in the Google Drive.

I say 'hopefully' because I haven't really tested this method. I am about to though, soon, since I'm done with the beautiful-UI-but-very-restricted (only because of the limited apps)-Windows, and will hopefully learn to love Android and become a loyalist. Who knows!

Could you do it with success?
I am trying this now. Not sure if I could successfully do it. Let's see!

Johnk Wilson

Broken In
Transferring whatsapp from windows phone to android phone would be easier.
Transfer for Mobile (Win & Mac) is a powerful software to transfer files between two devices. With it, the whole transferring process can be completed in 3 steps and no any data will be deleted or lost during the process.

Top Bottom