moving from 680i to intel

Status
Not open for further replies.

crs_cwiz

Broken In
I'm done with my 680i sli mobo (p5n32-e sli), its fried the 2nd time and im thinking of getting intel for a replacement (from asus only)

My most imp question is whether my raid 0 config (which i built using nvidia mediashield) can be rebuilt in the intel mobo?

Secondly, which chipset should i go for? p35 or x38? i wont be using crossfire or ddr3, so i know it makes sense to go for p35, but wont x38 still give better performance? And asus has a dozen of motherboards based on these chipsets, and im confused as to which one to go for...

Thanks..

EDIT: what about p45 with ddr2??

Last edited:

darklord

Cyborg Agent
I dont think the RAID 0 would work with a different controller.
X38/X48/P35 are all good chipsets.P45 , i am personally not too happy with.

You can consider P5K Deluxe which is a decent board.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
My most imp question is whether my raid 0 config (which i built using nvidia mediashield) can be rebuilt in the intel mobo?

Secondly, which chipset should i go for? p35 or x38? i wont be using crossfire or ddr3, so i know it makes sense to go for p35, but wont x38 still give better performance? And asus has a dozen of motherboards based on these chipsets, and im confused as to which one to go for...

Thanks..

EDIT: what about p45 with ddr2??

ur RAID0 setup in the P5N32-E Sli mobo wont work in Intel chipset mobo.same thing happened with me when i shifted from AMD (Asus M2N MX) to Intel (Asus P5B Dlx).my RAID0 setup didnt work.

i've used a P35 chipset mobo (abit IP35-E) and performance was gud.performance of P45 sud be better acc to reviews.so i think u can safely buy a P45 chipset mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom