Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Drishyam 2 - 7.5/10
First half is a Mundane Life going in Snail Speed with Suspense buildup like "Kathappa ne Bahubali ko Kyu Mara ???"
Second half gets in full speed with Twisted Climax (I predicted it easily though ;) )

It has some loopholes...but works like a Slow poison where patient dies of Cardiac Arrest in the end. :rofl:

Will they come out with D3 ???

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
*www.imdb.com/title/tt13269536/?ref_=tt_sims_tt_t_1

7/10

The fact that this is based on real story adds to the disgust of how far humans can go.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
*www.imdb.com/title/tt13269536/?ref_=tt_sims_tt_t_1

7/10

The fact that this is based on real story adds to the disgust of how far humans can go.
Plot line looks familiar, is it a remake of an old movie or something or is it I read that article somewhere before? I am not sure.
May be a similar story line,
The Kid Detective or
Room
???

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Plot line looks familiar, is it a remake of an old movie or something or is it I read that article somewhere before? I am not sure.
May be a similar story line,
The Kid Detective or
Room
???

The case was discovered in 2008, so i dont think any movie could be made before that,

*en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritzl_case

Here in the official wiki of the case, only one movie and one novel is made on it.

D

Deleted member 345628

*www.imdb.com/title/tt0062622/

Just saw 2001:A Space Odyssey renting on Youtube , I'm not really a science fiction guy but I liked this movie . The soundtracks and visuals are preety dope . I wish I saw this movie in theatre . The plot is very philosophical . After watching the movie I legit googled "2001:A Space Odyssey explained" to understand it well . Must watch!

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Chhappad Phaad Ke (2019) - 8/10
Brilliant movie, I will give it a higher rating than ImDb. Vinay Pathak has done Marvelous acting.
Well Scripted, good Story and brings us closer to real life of a Family. Another good movie after Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Free Guy 6/10 (Hotstar)

A toned down "The Trueman Show". Ryan Reynolds did good but at times feels he's stuck in Deadpool character for far too long and misses doing it.
Good visuals, a good time pass for sure.

Sardar Udham 8/10 (Prime)

Best of Vicky Kaushal's career and best of Soojit Sarkar yet.
Only complaint is of last prolonged dead body recovery scene by Udham. It is either sloppy editing or intentionally scripted that way. But felt too long for me.

The Guilty (Netflix) 5/10

This seems to be sugarcoating the bad deed of the protagonist by making him do another good deed. Sure he did good this time but that does not take away the bad thing he already did.
I could not accept this movie. Sorry!

Godzilla vs. Kingkong (Prime)

This has now gone bizarre! I hope they are recovering money!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Sanak (Hotstar) 5.5

This must be the most boring action movie ever.
This is 'Die Hard 1 + Raid'

1. Vidyut's character seems to be severely diabetic. Lives on sugar. In a day his sugar keeps falling randomly and multiple times. And he just pops a sugar sachet and magically becomes 100% fit. Like medipacks in video games. And this has zero contribution to movie.
2. Chandan Sanyal is wasted. Forced caste to encash his fame.
3. Even action is not very good so you can ignore rest of the nonsense like these

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Sanak (Hotstar) 5.5

This must be the most boring action movie ever.
This is 'Die Hard 1 + Raid'

1. Vidyut's character seems to be severely diabetic. Lives on sugar. In a day his sugar keeps falling randomly and multiple times. And he just pops a sugar sachet and magically becomes 100% fit. Like medipacks in video games. And this has zero contribution to movie.
2. Chandan Sanyal is wasted. Forced caste to encash his fame.
3. Even action is not very good so you can ignore rest of the nonsense like these
Man
You are becoming an Gamer turned Doctor turned Health Adviser.
What you are saying is truly giving good laughs that taking a good sugar tablet like in games where we get energy like in unreal tournament game one gets 100% energy in the above movie is truly hilarious.

Sent from my SM-M317F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 345628

Just finished watching Barry London , Beautiful picture . Amazing Sound Tracks . Ofcourse its a Stanley Kubrick directed movie .

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
^same here, and I think it's because their "looks, acting, accent" is similar.
So they failed as a actor in the respective movie?
Or because I try to overthink or to judge them instead enjoying movies

TheSloth

The Slowest One
^same here, and I think it's because their "looks, acting, accent" is similar.
So they failed as a actor in the respective movie?
Or because I try to overthink or to judge them instead enjoying movies
I think roles like Wonder Woman, Superman, Deadpool, Iron-Man, Wolverine etc are so iconic and all these respective actors have played those roles so well that we as a audience, we just can't associate those faces and few traits with any other roles in a non-hero movie.
I am not sure if this is actors fault or audience fault?

Top Bottom