Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Went to theater after a long time and that was a let down experience.

Shang Chi 5/10

This is a boring movie. Should have started at second half (well, in Indian theaters we've the concept of intermission so should have started from intermission).
Everything before that could have been told in a voiceover.
On similar concept, Raya and the Last Dragon in Hotstar is better.

The Hero lacks enough motivation, the Villain is 1000 years old but can't seem to get his head around reality and therefore lacks enough motivation to do what he was shown doing.

Seemed liked they planned the climax fight scene first (maybe shot first too) then built a story around to reach the climax as soon as possible.

*i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/345/758/033.jpg

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
To those who going to come with the logic: Its a comic book movie!!
We've seen better movies from Marvel, haven't we? Shang Chi is a badly made movie; if you have to watch this movie, wait for it to release in Hotstar but don't waste your money to watch in theater.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Bhoot Police 5.8/10 (Hotstar)

Seems to be inspired by 'Supernatural' I mean the core concept of two brothers working as ghostbusters and fatehr being an expert in that filed is too much of a coincidence.

Even ignoring that, should have working on its length and may be we would have got a thoroughly enjoyable movie. Spent too much time on little gags just for laughs.

Saif can now act in such roles in his sleep, Arjun....I'm sorry but still can't act. Only Dibakar Banerjee made him show some acting skill in "Sandeep and Pinky Faraar".
He needs to work with Dibakar Banerjee more to hone his acting skills.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Nodbody (2021) - 7.5/10
Pretty good movie. Actions are great to watch after John Wick series :)

Writer is Derek Kolstad who wrote John Wick :D

Last edited:

Zangetsu

Drishyam 2 - 7.5/10
First half is a Mundane Life going in Snail Speed with Suspense buildup like "Kathappa ne Bahubali ko Kyu Mara ???"
Second half gets in full speed with Twisted Climax (I predicted it easily though ;) )

It has some loopholes...but works like a Slow poison where patient dies of Cardiac Arrest in the end. :rofl:

Will they come out with D3 ???

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
*www.imdb.com/title/tt13269536/?ref_=tt_sims_tt_t_1

7/10

The fact that this is based on real story adds to the disgust of how far humans can go.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
*www.imdb.com/title/tt13269536/?ref_=tt_sims_tt_t_1

7/10

The fact that this is based on real story adds to the disgust of how far humans can go.
Plot line looks familiar, is it a remake of an old movie or something or is it I read that article somewhere before? I am not sure.
May be a similar story line,
The Kid Detective or
Room
???

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Plot line looks familiar, is it a remake of an old movie or something or is it I read that article somewhere before? I am not sure.
May be a similar story line,
The Kid Detective or
Room
???

The case was discovered in 2008, so i dont think any movie could be made before that,

*en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritzl_case

Here in the official wiki of the case, only one movie and one novel is made on it.

D

Deleted member 345628

*www.imdb.com/title/tt0062622/

Just saw 2001:A Space Odyssey renting on Youtube , I'm not really a science fiction guy but I liked this movie . The soundtracks and visuals are preety dope . I wish I saw this movie in theatre . The plot is very philosophical . After watching the movie I legit googled "2001:A Space Odyssey explained" to understand it well . Must watch!

Zangetsu

Chhappad Phaad Ke (2019) - 8/10
Brilliant movie, I will give it a higher rating than ImDb. Vinay Pathak has done Marvelous acting.
Well Scripted, good Story and brings us closer to real life of a Family. Another good movie after Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga.

Top Bottom