Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Borat: Subsequent Moviefilm 8/10

I absolutely loved the first Borat film. This one is not quite on the same level of banter since it's subject matter is a bit more real, dealing with the current political climate in America. The hardest I have laughed was at the part where the Kazakhstani president tells him that his previous producer was the chair that Borat was currently sitting on. The rest of them got a couple of chuckles out of me but a bit less than the prequel because this one feels slightly more serious than the previous one, perhaps because of the core subject matter. I also feel that a lot more could be done with the story at various points.

Overall, a good film. Though I'd recommend watching the first Borat film before watching this one if you haven't already done so.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Knives Out 8/10

I kept on thinking this is based on Agatha Christie novel and was surprised to know that this was created for movie!
Good writing, love to see Daniel Craig on screen always and as sleuth good (a better fit as Sherlock than RDJ I would say).

The Trial of Chicago 7 (Netflix)

Don't miss this on any cost. Still relevant in today's time. Worthy contender for Oscar this year.

Laxmi (Hotstar)

Avoid! A shitty movie. Lacks plot, logic, horror, comedy, social cause message whereas tried to do all.
Surprisingly, movie started with Akshyay, Kiara and a Kid, halfway through the movie the kid vanished, I mean nowhere to be seen.
Makes me remember the baby in Raees, that too vanished after 2-3 scenes.

Again, avoid.

Ludo (Netflix)

All the movies that released in OTT this year since Ghoomketu, this is the best. The best!
Go watch it!

Anurag Basu walked a fine line between Madman and Genius here and crossed without falling.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Laxmi (Hotstar)

Avoid! A shitty movie. Lacks plot, logic, horror, comedy, social cause message whereas tried to do all.
Surprisingly, movie started with Akshyay, Kiara and a Kid, halfway through the movie the kid vanished, I mean nowhere to be seen.
Makes me remember the baby in Raees, that too vanished after 2-3 scenes.

Again, avoid.

2.2 out of 10 Bottom rated movie in Imdb:lol: wastage of 141 mins of Life

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Soul (Hotstar) 6/10

Meh. This is a miss from Pixar animation. Animation is good but story is just meh.

Sir (2018) (AltBalaji) 7/10

This is "maid in manhattan" with a more Indian ending.
Tilottoma Shome did good (I mean she had all the screen time so only she shines)

Sonic (Prime) 7/10

Good.

WW84 7/10

How long can you just watch Gal Gadot? Well, full movie duration obviously but, then should look at her IG profile rather watching this. Lacked a good villain and a story. With lots of loopholes. A missed opportunity.

Section 375 (Prime) 6/10

Talked about hard hitting possibilities but could not prove anything. Without proof the case was lost and the movie too. Missed opportunity.

Shantilal o Projapoti Rahasyo (Bengali, OTT=Hoichoi) 6/10

(A gist of plot as you guys won't be seeing this anyway)

Plot: A weather reporter in a veteran newspaprer company wants to do real news but never gets a chance. Suddenly comes across a p0rn video where he discovers the actress is a famous movie personality who's is going to start her political career in coming poll. This scandal would end her acting career and obviously political one too.
Shanitilal sets out to find the truth behind the p0rn video and bring the truth to light whatever it takes!

A good concept but played safe in the climax. Ritwik and Paoli are good as always. The kind of sentiment it tried to evoke in the audience in climax that was never established in the whole duration of the movie, so when they try to reap it, it misses.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Aamis - The Ravening

Too much for Indian audiences to handle. Very well made. No wonder Anurag Kashyap is associated with it. Many saying it's the original concept but it it very similar to :-

'Raw' - The french movie. Other movie I can think of is 'The hungry' on prime

for me Raw > The Hungry > Aamis

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
So I watched Lust for Life (starring Kirk Douglas) recently, and I just want to say it was a very thoughtfully made film, with brilliant narration. Douglas' acting was incredible and the chemistry between the van Gogh brothers was maturely approached.

It actually made me feel sad for Vincent van Gogh and his suicide.

If there was a downside, it was the over-baked portrayal of the troubled artist as an overly sensitive and emotional person, but this choice of artistic license was probably what turned that bio-drama from a documentary to an artistic film.

I will say to anyone who wants to watch quality films, please give this a go.

Lust for Life -- 8.5/10

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Well, Lust for Life seems like a good movie, but speaking of Vincent Van Gogh, I would also like to point out this episode of Doctor Who, that really encapsulated the emotion of Vincent, especially the end! Vincent and the Doctor - Wikipedia

The Ballad of Buster Scrugss (Anthology ) ..... Amaze movie .
Cinematography is so dope . And they convey deep sense of life's abstract emotions . I think every movie enthusiasts should watch this atleast once .

Yes will watch ... I left Eraserhead in the middle , I think it had some deeper meaning or IDK . But It wasnt interesting .
Any more movie suggestions ? Will Surely watch Snatch

shreeux

Movie Buff
The Ballad of Buster Scrugss (Anthology ) ..... Amaze movie .
Cinematography is so dope . And they convey deep sense of life's abstract emotions . I think every movie enthusiasts should watch this atleast once .

It's the Western genre...Good but not Great...You may try other Western genres.,

Top Bottom