Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
In short 2.0 is the matured version of Robot but without any soul.
2.0 was present from Robot itself, but was developed for Destruction by Danny.
Here in this version he was reincarnated from the destroyed chip.
Its only when Chitti couldn't save vasigaran, 2.0 was required to save the world. and 2.0 developed 3.0 :)

ashs1

Padawan
Most reviews are praising Sara Ali Khan. Overall, story seems meh..might go this Sunday.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So I watched Kedarnath yesterday night.
Despite not having much appreciation about romantic movies I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. From the picturesque view of Kedarnath right from the amazing opening aerial shot to the ending, the visuals are appealing.

It's a romantic movie amidst the Uttarakhand flood which came in 2013. Although it could have been great if the movie were to be based on this disaster at its core, but it's not and actually the disaster is just a small part in the end. So expectations needs to be settled down before anyone decides to watch it in a theater.

The movie manages to keep away from many Bollywood tropes and that's why it felt better, although not by much, but it's not that bad. I liked the female lead, Sara Ali Khan. Enough 'exposure' to keep you interested. While her character of a perky girl is what most of today's youth wants, history is proof that when boys really encounter such perky girls they come of as nothing but an attitude ridden snob, like most of Delhi girls are (no offense to any Delhi girl in particular). So that's why I couldn't 'enjoy' the character per se, but as the story goes she was a delight to have. She will break stereotypes like Geet from Jab We Met.

While most wouldn't like the ending, and many would see it coming, I still wish this would be a full blown disaster movie that focus on how people survived rather than a "limbering rom com where the flood is just a plot device" movie. But that's just wishful thinking.

Heavy spoiler...
Despite the fact that I don't like happy endings as much as realistic endings and daring endings, I still wish the ending to have been a happy one in this case. Reason being that the flood was already a glooming reality of the movie, and so a happy ending would have been great. But I guess the story tellers wanted to showcase the impact the floods had and how it led to thousands of missing persons. I just feel SO bad for the hero's mom, to whom the hero pledges that he would return. Alas he wasn't able to.

Or was he? I would still like to fantasize that he was just missing and that somehow he managed to survive and got reunited with his mom.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
While her character of a perky girl is what most of today's youth wants, history is proof that when boys really encounter such perky girls they come of as nothing but an attitude ridden snob, like most of Delhi girls are (no offense to any Delhi girl in particular). So that's why I couldn't 'enjoy' the character per se, but as the story goes she was a delight to have. She will break stereotypes like Geet from Jab We Met.
:lol: there goes your potential dating choices.

ashs1

Padawan
Watched Kedarnath Today..like I expected, overall the story was meh.. thankfully, it was short(runtime : 2h)..But, I liked the cast..impressive debut by Sara Ali Khan and yet another powerful performance by sushant Singh Rajput. The visuals of Uttarakhand were stunning.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Stree (2018) - 8/10
Excellent Horror comedy, enjoyed every dialogue and they were original.
Though I couldn't understand the ending with Shraddha Kapoor

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Stree (2018) - 8/10
Excellent Horror comedy, enjoyed every dialogue and they were original.
Though I couldn't understand the ending with Shraddha Kapoor
After doing some research on the ending, it seems Shraddha's character is a Dayan (witch). If you remember "Ek thi dayan" movie wehre they told a Daayan's strength is in her braid. So, here Shraddha's character obtains the braid of the witch "Stree" and apparantly more powerful now.

The makers plan to reveal all in a sequel. Which is already in the making.

Till they officially come with the movie this is the most plausible answer

And, wait till you watch "Andhadhun", that is a gem of a movie and lifetime best acting by Ayushman.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Updates on few movies I saw recently,

MI:Fallout 8/10

Seriously, those who talk about 'story' of MI are just nitpicking. MI was never strong on story. Keeping up with that tradition, this installment was also down on that.
BUT, the action, man the action was just awesome!
After a long time A MI level action was seen here.

Agree or disagree with me, 8 from me and for me.

Equalizer 2

Too slow for an action movie. Action too was not that much.
It's a pity that an actor like Denzel Washington needs to do action movie now-a-days. Probably for money!

Constantine: City of Demons

You thought DC made dark and gritty movies? Watch this and know the level of dark!
A live action movie of this tory if kept exactly same can redeem DC of its name and fame but it won't because it's DARK!

Watch this. Wotn't regret for sure.

[Even though the link says series, there is a movie too, search for the movie]

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Updates on few movies I saw recently,

MI:Fallout 8/10

Seriously, those who talk about 'story' of MI are just nitpicking. MI was never strong on story. Keeping up with that tradition, this installment was also down on that.
BUT, the action, man the action was just awesome!
After a long time A MI level action was seen here.

Agree or disagree with me, 8 from me and for me.

Another instance .. I totally agree with you ....... Loved Fall out.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Rate MI series, lets see how MI lovers rate it

Starting From Bottom

6. MI 2
5. MI 3
4. MI: Rogue Nation
3. MI: Ghost Protocol
2. MI: Fallout
1. MI 1

share yours

Top Bottom