Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Anyone interested in Malayalam movies should give Joseph a try. Worth it.

Joseph
Joseph (2018) - IMDb

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

Nerevarine

Incarnate
So, does it mean Antihero can't tolerate a Hero ?
no, not like that. Anti Hero and Hero mostly do not agree with each other, but they can come to terms when a greater threat comes into the picture. Kind of like Vegeta during Freeza arc, where he teamed up with Gohan and Krillin against Ginyu Force

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
So, does it mean Antihero can't tolerate a Hero ?
Anti-hero basically doesn't have all the characteristics that you usually associate with a Hero. Ex Punisher . Fights bad guys, will not think twice to use violence and torture to achieve his goals. Catwoman, helps batman from time to time, but is a thief and looks after her own self interest.

Flash

Lost in speed
Venom - 8/10

I actually liked this movie, despite all its negative reviews around the web. Cool CGI and a mediocre story line, though i miss the movie's connection with 'Spider-man' even Sony says both exists in same universe.
- Expected more symbiote villains (Lasher/Agony/Phage) to turn up because of trailer/teaser hype and the "Lethal protector" storyline, but ended up with only 'Riot'. Mentioning 'Carnage' in name alone, itself is pure lame.
- In Comics, Eddie is the one who named himself with symbiote suit as 'Venom' (similar to Cletus mentioning 'Carnage' in post-credit), but in movie the symbiote itself introduce itself as 'Venom'/'Riot'. Being a super-organism from other wordly origins, its funny they 'name' themselves in English language. :lol:

Flash

Lost in speed
Hmm..I get it now.
So, Anti-hero can kill a hero if its required.
  • Hero - may/mayn't exhibit violence, functions within the law - but won't kill anyone in the name of justice.
  • Anti-Hero - may exhibit violence, functions outside the law - may possess justice/morals in their own perception and may kill anyone (but not civilians) if needed.
  • Villain - will exhibit violence, no concept of law/justice/moral and kill anyone.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I remember the cartoon series where Ghost Rider almost killed Hulk and then stopped after realising he is a good guy. Ghost Rider is also a anti hero. I am waiting for the reboot now. One of the badass anti hero from Marvel. What do you people think, Tom Hardy as Ghost Rider or the Venom role suits him?

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
I remember the cartoon series where Ghost Rider almost killed Hulk and then stopped after realising he is a good guy. Ghost Rider is also a anti hero. I am waiting for the reboot now. One of the badass anti hero from Marvel. What do you people think, Tom Hardy as Ghost Rider or the Venom role suits him?
Ghost rider as in Nicolas Cage wala?

jhatwo

Broken In
I am an Antihero? I speak freely what comes to my mind,I am honest but mods feel my honesty is not good for this forum?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am an Antihero? I speak freely what comes to my mind,I am honest but mods feel my honesty is not good for this forum?
There is no such thing as "absolute freedom". Being honest is good but that does not mean asking somebody in a public forum about something which can not be asked openly in a public place either.Use PM for that if you are that curious.

Top Bottom