Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Ratsasan - 8/10
Ratsasan (2018) - IMDb

Decent thriller. May remind you of some holly/korean movies. Climax may be a lil bit masala-ish.

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
I couldn't find a decent print, can you ask your director friend to PM me the link .... :)
Currently prints with Hardcoded Korean subs and audio at 192 kbps only. Blu-ray will release on 27th Nov 2018 and Amazon Video and iTunes on November 13, 2018. I suggest you to wait for a good print

quan chi

mortal kombat
Tumbaad:
Saw it few weeks back. Watch it just to encourage the makers. Overall its not a great or a good movie but its definitely a good attempt by the makers. The VFX of this movie is really impressive, also technically this movie is good.
Ps: If you have played the game "hellblade" then you will get somewhat similar kind of vibe. If you can catch it then go for it.

Badhai ho:
Thought the crowd was for "Thugs of hindostan" but I was not sure as the couple standing in front of me at the box office was asking about the price of "Thugs" ticket which is Rs 230 and then started thinking if they should go for it. Later after entering the theater I realized the crowd mostly was for this movie. Though it was not housefull but the audience was enough.
Coming to the movie its a clean family entertainer with some nice dialogues and screenplay. Movies like these are rare these days go and watch it recommended from my side.

Last edited:

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Currently prints with Hardcoded Korean subs and audio at 192 kbps only. Blu-ray will release on 27th Nov 2018 and Amazon Video and iTunes on November 13, 2018. I suggest you to wait for a good print

Yep I already had decided to wait. I dont compro on print ..... I rather wait patiently .... :)

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
@Cyberghost ****OFF TOPIC****

I see a lots of games in your signature, Can you PM me what you usually do for acquiring games. Dont get me wrong I have a steam account and I buy many games, but many are like 2-3K plus that goes beyond my range ..... hence asking. I am looking for Battlefield 1 and v for now.

*******OFF TOPIC END*********

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Mission: Impossible - Fallout [2018]: 8.5/10
Cruise and McQuarrie return with fresh grit and excellence that leaves me wanting more from the duo

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
2.0 (2018) - 7/10
Amy jackson is Hot....Razni is excellent. Akshay kumar looks badasss as villian.
Few weak points and ending is not that good.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Venom (2018) - 7/10
Good movie and plot and special effects.

Though I am now confused:
Venom was introduced in Spider man as one of the villains, but here he is shown as superhero ?

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Anyone interested in Malayalam movies should give Joseph a try. Worth it.

Joseph
Joseph (2018) - IMDb

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

Nerevarine

Incarnate
So, does it mean Antihero can't tolerate a Hero ?
no, not like that. Anti Hero and Hero mostly do not agree with each other, but they can come to terms when a greater threat comes into the picture. Kind of like Vegeta during Freeza arc, where he teamed up with Gohan and Krillin against Ginyu Force

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
So, does it mean Antihero can't tolerate a Hero ?
Anti-hero basically doesn't have all the characteristics that you usually associate with a Hero. Ex Punisher . Fights bad guys, will not think twice to use violence and torture to achieve his goals. Catwoman, helps batman from time to time, but is a thief and looks after her own self interest.

Flash

Lost in speed
Venom - 8/10

I actually liked this movie, despite all its negative reviews around the web. Cool CGI and a mediocre story line, though i miss the movie's connection with 'Spider-man' even Sony says both exists in same universe.
- Expected more symbiote villains (Lasher/Agony/Phage) to turn up because of trailer/teaser hype and the "Lethal protector" storyline, but ended up with only 'Riot'. Mentioning 'Carnage' in name alone, itself is pure lame.
- In Comics, Eddie is the one who named himself with symbiote suit as 'Venom' (similar to Cletus mentioning 'Carnage' in post-credit), but in movie the symbiote itself introduce itself as 'Venom'/'Riot'. Being a super-organism from other wordly origins, its funny they 'name' themselves in English language. :lol:

Flash

Lost in speed
Hmm..I get it now.
So, Anti-hero can kill a hero if its required.
  • Hero - may/mayn't exhibit violence, functions within the law - but won't kill anyone in the name of justice.
  • Anti-Hero - may exhibit violence, functions outside the law - may possess justice/morals in their own perception and may kill anyone (but not civilians) if needed.
  • Villain - will exhibit violence, no concept of law/justice/moral and kill anyone.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I remember the cartoon series where Ghost Rider almost killed Hulk and then stopped after realising he is a good guy. Ghost Rider is also a anti hero. I am waiting for the reboot now. One of the badass anti hero from Marvel. What do you people think, Tom Hardy as Ghost Rider or the Venom role suits him?

Top Bottom