Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Balabala

Broken In
THE HIDDEN FACE
A colombian movie,a very taught crime thriller
Very good cinematography,lighting and music
I finally understood the logic of rich production values of Spanish movies,there are more Spanish speaking people in the world than English,you can spend well and recover,releasing in all the countries south of the US.
A must watch for crime,mystery lovers if you do not care much about the logic of the intriguing knot in the plot.
A good crime novel
Can not be watched with family,quite a few scenes of nudity and love making.All these movies are made on the subject of extra marrital affairs,never thought it would be an issue in a liberal latin America.
3 out of 5 stars.

Last edited:

Balabala

Broken In
SLEEP TIGHT
A Spanish psychological crime thriller.
There is a high rating for this movie but personally I did not like.There should be a limit to sadism,why be sadistic to a dog and a single old lady.I also did not understand the reasoning for this sadism and what the hero told his mother.May be I did not understand.
2 out of 5 stars

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
SLEEP TIGHT
A Spanish psychological crime thriller.
There is a high rating for this movie but personally I did not like.There should be a limit to sadism,why be sadistic to a dog and a single old lady.I also did not understand the reasoning for this sadism and what the hero told his mother.May be I did not understand.
2 out of 5 stars
You are not ready for this yet.
Keep on going.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Ready player one
I don't understand it was intended for which type of viewers. Children below 18 years? maybe. If thats the case then yeah okay..its an okay movie. But not for others.
I agree and understand what speilberg wanted to say here. Thats why this movie is in this thread & not "Must Not watch" thread. Now this is the most pathetic,cliched, stupid, cringe worthy movie I have ever seen. I saw it because I collect and play games & yeah have some love for it too. But overall it was a total dick of a movie. I wonder how a garbage like this got such high ratings? Many scenes have some irritating actors doing & saying irritating things.
I never laughed or felt excited in any of the scenes in this movie. I was just waiting to get it over. To give a petty message like this you don't need to make a 2 hour 20 min long movie. In short this movie mixes the pop cultures from late 70s to present day with almost a thin plot filled with stupidity. NOT AT ALL recommended from my side.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Ready player one
I don't understand it was intended for which type of viewers. Children below 18 years? maybe. If thats the case then yeah okay..its an okay movie. But not for others.
I agree and understand what speilberg wanted to say here. Thats why this movie is in this thread & not "Must Not watch" thread. Now this is the most pathetic,cliched, stupid, cringe worthy movie I have ever seen. I saw it because I collect and play games & yeah have some love for it too. But overall it was a total dick of a movie. I wonder how a garbage like this got such high ratings? Many scenes have some irritating actors doing & saying irritating things.
I never laughed or felt excited in any of the scenes in this movie. I was just waiting to get it over. To give a petty message like this you don't need to make a 2 hour 20 min long movie. In short this movie mixes the pop cultures from late 70s to present day with almost a thin plot filled with stupidity. NOT AT ALL recommended from my side.
Ouch. I intended to watch this movie on some 4k screen with dolby surround sound, since I didn't want to watch it in 3D in theaters.
I will reserve my judgement of the movie when I watch it (soon enough).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
So how much large 4k screen we are talking about,I mean is this some personal large screen/projector at some friend/relative home.

P.S.Infinity War experience in multiplex was worth it(even if ticket costed almost 700).

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So how much large 4k screen we are talking about,I mean is this some personal large screen/projector at some friend/relative home.

P.S.Infinity War experience in multiplex was worth it(even if ticket costed almost 700).
I don't have any friend or relative with 4k screen atm. So I was about to wait until I can buy my own (in probably a year), and then watch it. :p
But I think normal full HD would do, since I can't wait no more to watch that movie.
What do you mean IW was worth in multiplex? All theaters (at least in NCR) is mostly multiplex, aren't they? Did you mean IMAX?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok!Don't blindly get the 4K screen though,it is better to get a big good 1080p screen with HDR than your usual budget quality 4K screen without HDR.

Yes,IMAX(logix noida).Prices are much more reasonable than newly opened pvr imax in saket & I believe the screen is larger.

Balabala

Broken In
Black snow
A spanish mystery,crime movie.
With just a tiny knot it in the plot which is revealed in the climax,they have made this long and a slow movie.
Why spend time making a movie on a wafer thin plot?
Good cinematography and background music.
2 out of 5 stars

Balabala

Broken In
THE SECRET IN THEIR EYES
The Argentine academy winner for the best foreign film category.I honestly do not know why this film got the prestegious award.Very long and people keep talking all the time.Arent movies a visual media,where the story has to be told in visuals more than in dialogues.The plot is also not very mysterious.
2 out of 5 stars.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
THE SECRET IN THEIR EYES
The Argentine academy winner for the best foreign film category.I honestly do not know why this film got the prestegious award.Very long and people keep talking all the time.Arent movies a visual media,where the story has to be told in visuals more than in dialogues.The plot is also not very mysterious.
2 out of 5 stars.
People keep talking all the time can led to a good movie too. Case in point, "Man from Earth". But it has to be engaging enough.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Exactly,12 Angry Men is one such movie(in any all time best movies list & rated top court room drama of all time on rotten tomatoes). Its hindi adaptation "ek ruka hua faisla" is also very good(superb acting by all incl pankaj kapoor & annu kapoor.Have you seen it?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
THE SECRET IN THEIR EYES
2 out of 5 stars.
WTF. Some of the best drama films are the ones that have compelling dialogues.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
THE SECRET IN THEIR EYES
2 out of 5 stars.
Long dialogues?!!!
Thats your problem. May be your are watching movies of advanced age, try movies from 1930 and below timeline.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Ready player one

I agree. The problem is that, the movie had a really good story to tell about how VR can invade and take over our lives. It had all the ingredients of what makes for good cinema: gunfights, races, quests, chase sequence, giant monsters, dancing and a treasure hunt. The pop culture references were just too much and were shoved down your throat. Like there is no need to explain Parzival's suit is from Backaroo Banzai... those who have seen the movie will get it. The references in RPO just bogged down the whole movie. Towards the end, they did not have to explain so much about the game with the first easter egg, because it was boring for people who actually knew about the game and how to find it. In the end, the treatment alienated anyone who would actually know all these references. Even Meet the Spartans was full of pop culture references, but did not explain every one of them, and I find that to be a far better movie than RPO. Hell, Shool had pop culture references without over-explaining them. An entire other issue with the movie is how Artemis starts off as a strong female character and still ends up as a trophy girlfriend. Now a days, I am getting saturated by this pop culture reference thing. RPO had it, Avengers had it, Deadpool had it, and even freaking Solo had it.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
I need little help here..

I haven't seen Avengers Infinity War yet, but friends are planning to go for Ant man and wasp.
Is it okay to watch ant man first and then go for infinity war.?

Top Bottom