Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Watched Bhaag Milkha Bhaag. IMO, it's a good movie going by standards of most of our bollywood movies. Would rate it 7.5/10.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
In my childhood I was a fan of this series Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad (TV Series 1994

Very similar to Power Rangers concept but I was unaware of Power Rangers till "Pogo" happened.

Power Rangers is actually an extensive edit and localization of the Super Sentai Series(Japanese franchise). Most of the action scenes and robot battles come from the original show (dubbed to English), while American actors are used for the rest of the bits of the show.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat...es-recommended-digitians-353.html#post1976808

sorry.. got carried away :D

You should seriously watch Godzilla (not the shitty American movie) if you like tokusatsu shows. You''ll probably stop raging over that other show.

And I bet there are tons of anime that can beat it.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Are you talking about the Armada/ Energon/ Cybertron trilogy? Because the Witwicky family exists in the franchise before even the anime trilogy was created, right from the franchise inception in Generation 1. And yes, Jetfire has been a Decepticon previously in the franchise too (Starscream was a good friend at one point of time).

Yes, I meant the Armada+Energon+Cybertron, collectively known as Unicron Triology. As per this triology, Jetfire was introduced as an Autobot in Armada.

What about these errors in movies if compared to Anime Triology:
1. US Marines fighting Decepticons.
2. CIA/FBI hiding info about transformers in a secret base.
3. NO MINICONS. I mean armada starts with the kids discovering a minicon ship in a hidden cave in a mountain, while in the movie sam meets Bumblebee.
4. No powerlinks or with a wrong approach.
5. HOTSHOT was absent or replaced by a stupider Bumblebee. others missing were Red Alert, Rodimus, Smokescreen, Cyclonus, Demolisher, Scourge, Nemesis Prime, Thrust, etc.
6. No proper introduction of the main transformers even in 1st movie.
Autobots: Included Optimus Prime, Ironhide, Sideswipe and <insert-character-names>?
Decepticons: Megatron, Starscream, Scorponok and <insert-character-names>?
Minicons: Laserbeak, Grindor (wrongly made into Decepticons in movie).
7. Involving a stupid love story in middle of a Decepticon invasion.
8. Wrong design of TIDALWAVE (or it was shockwave in the movie)?.
9. A transformer's Matirx of leadership was earned by a human :deadbored:, WTF?
10. Involving pyramids that hid a Energon harvester to harvest sun's potential.
11. No mention of most attacks or weapons used by Transformers.
12. Megatron's and Starscream's heads were designed wrongly.
13. Megatron getting stuck in ice for years before getting reactivated? Anime-wise, he fought and survived in void space which is much colder than the liquid Nitrogen being used in movie.
14. the tiger like bot in 2nd movie had to be like the other transformers species which can dig out energon.
15. misleading Allspark cube in 1st movie. never happened in the anime triology.
16. 3rd movie: Humans supporting Decepticons :facepalm:

Sandeep Roy

Broken In
Furious 6 is 6/10 atmost for me. Still better than Good day to die hard. atleast G.I.Joe had Adrianne Palicki..
Recently watched HARD CANDY. 7/10 for me but I would recommend it. and EXAM too. another decent movie with a very unusual plot which makes it MUST WATCH. Super-rare

Flash

Lost in speed
Q: What's the first thing that comes to your mind, when someone say or you hear the word "Transformers"
A: Megan fox.

Case closed..
:lol:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Yes, I meant the Armada+Energon+Cybertron, collectively known as Unicron Triology. As per this triology, Jetfire was introduced as an Autobot in Armada.

3. NO MINICONS. I mean armada starts with the kids discovering a minicon ship in a hidden cave in a mountain, while in the movie sam meets Bumblebee.
5. HOTSHOT was absent or replaced by a stupider Bumblebee. others missing were Red Alert, Rodimus, Smokescreen, Cyclonus, Demolisher, Scourge, Nemesis Prime, Thrust, etc.
Autobots: Included Optimus Prime, Ironhide, Sideswipe and <insert-character-names>?
13. Megatron getting stuck in ice for years before getting reactivated? Anime-wise, he fought and survived in void space which is much colder than the liquid Nitrogen being used in movie.
14. the tiger like bot in 2nd movie had to be like the other transformers species which can dig out energon.
15. misleading Allspark cube in 1st movie. never happened in the anime triology.

They were not errors :|

The anime trilogy you speak of is actually the one that deviates from the original transformers series. Before the anime trilogy the constant running theme was that Jetfire is a Decepticon turned Autobot.

1. In the originals, humans have fought transformers.
2. Happens in some of the comics.
3. The minicons were there. Those tiny robots you've forgotten about were minicons. Your point #6 even mentions them :lol:
4. Powerlink happened with Jetfire in Movie #2. He was already too old so he died. BTW, powerlinks were not a given in the previous shows (prior to the anime).
5. Bumblebee was introduced much earlier than these movies.
6. Red Alert was there.
7. Deal with it. Happens in a lot of hollywood movies.
8. Designs are never constant between any transformers timelines.
9. There is no written rule that a human cannot earn the matrix. Watch Headmasters and you will know why.
10. So?
11. So?
12. Refer to point #8
13. He was frozen for a long time :| Used energon from Unicron's head to survive.
14. Not sure what you mean.
15. Allspark has changed between timelines. The movies are not in the anime continuity.
16. Has happened before.

Before you call transformers anime any further let me remind you that Transformers is a creation of Hasbro. They took Takara's, now Takara Tomy's, original transforming toys concept in created The Transformers.

Transformers as a TV show is only intended to promote the toy lines.

The "anime" trilogy you speak of is actually a collaboration between Hasbro and Tomy in creating the series. In fact, Cybertron was not even intended to be a sequel to Energon. After it was completed in Japan, the americans edited and redubbed it to make it sound like a sequel. Because of that Takara Tomy also started treating it like a sequel.

The only true anime Transformers shows are the ones that took place after the original series. The timeline deviated between Japan and America in generation 1, with Japan getting more shows like Headmasters, Masterforce etc. The Japanese deviation is much more messed up (from a psychological viewpoint) than any american made transformers series.

All shows after the trilogy you speak of are completely american productions.

*images.wikia.com/transformers/images/1/1d/Continuities.png

Right-click on the image and see it in a new tab.

I hate to disappoint you, but Transformers is an American thing, not a Japanese one.

Last edited:

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
They were not errors :|

The anime trilogy you speak of is actually the one that deviates from the original transformers series. Before the anime trilogy the constant running theme was that Jetfire is a Decepticon turned Autobot.

1. In the originals, humans have fought transformers.
2. Happens in some of the comics.
3. The minicons were there. Those tiny robots you've forgotten about were minicons. Your point #6 even mentions them :lol:
4. Powerlink happened with Jetfire in Movie #2. He was already too old so he died. BTW, powerlinks were not a given in the previous shows (prior to the anime).
5. Bumblebee was introduced much earlier than these movies.
6. Red Alert was there.
7. Deal with it. Happens in a lot of hollywood movies.
8. Designs are never constant between any transformers timelines.
9. There is no written rule that a human cannot earn the matrix. Watch Headmasters and you will know why.
10. So?
11. So?
12. Refer to point #8
13. He was frozen for a long time :| Used energon from Unicron's head to survive.
14. Not sure what you mean.
15. Allspark has changed between timelines. The movies are not in the anime continuity.
16. Has happened before.

Before you call transformers anime any further let me remind you that Transformers is a creation of Hasbro. They took Takara's, now Takara Tomy's, original transforming toys concept in created The Transformers.

Transformers as a TV show is only intended to promote the toy lines.

The "anime" trilogy you speak of is actually a collaboration between Hasbro and Tomy in creating the series. In fact, Cybertron was not even intended to be a sequel to Energon. After it was completed in Japan, the americans edited and redubbed it to make it sound like a sequel. Because of that Takara Tomy also started treating it like a sequel.

The only true anime Transformers shows are the ones that took place after the original series. The timeline deviated between Japan and America in generation 1, with Japan getting more shows like Headmasters, Masterforce etc. The Japanese deviation is much more messed up (from a psychological viewpoint) than any american made transformers series.

All shows after the trilogy you speak of are completely american productions.

*images.wikia.com/transformers/images/1/1d/Continuities.png

Right-click on the image and see it in a new tab.

I hate to disappoint you, but Transformers is an American thing, not a Japanese one.

Holy walls of texts. TL;DR. I can only see Picard.

pratik385

In the zone
ohh dont even get me started on bashing Michael Bay on Transformers trilogy..
I'm a fan of anime series and movies are a big let down by following differnet storyline and involving more humans than bots!

BTW Luffy, remember that sheild that sword :p
mahn i always have goosebumps when optimus and jetfire powerlink in anime, F'in A

lol @ movie defending guy :D

Top Bottom