Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

abhidev

Human Spambot
Yes!
Name of the movie like thing!!
What kind of movie are you looking for?
Graphicaly violent or understated violence with extremely twisted characters?

actually both...i like movies which are based on true events...can you post the imdb link for this one...couldn't find it in imdb

recently watched 'Devil's Double' (based on the life story of a Saddam Hussain's son's double)...very good acting by the actor...well directed...except the end. 7/10

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^It has a TV movie of same name from 1973 and has higher rating.

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (TV 1973) - IMDb

Village of the damned 6.5/10

Plot summary from IMDB
In the small English village of Midwich everybody and everything falls into a deep, mysterious sleep for several hours in the middle of the day. Some months later every woman capable of child-bearing is pregnant and the children that are born out of these pregnancies seem to grow very fast and they all have the same blond hair and strange, penetrating eyes that make people do things they don't want to do.

A good concept. A classic sci-fi. Did not divulge the reasons which I liked even more. Check it out.

The Hitcher 7/10

Plot concept from IMDB
A young man transporting a car to another state is stalked along the road by a cunning and relentless serial killer who eventually frames the driver for a string of murders. Chased by police and shadowed by the killer, the driver's only help comes from a truck stop waitress.

A very chilling start which ends as a revenge drama. Good watch.

Desi Boyz 5/10

The movie is made and based on some wisecracks only. Things happen you don't know why, things don't happen you again don't know why. Meaningless, logicless story.

At a point Jerry (AK) leaves to complete his study. Why? Because he wants to get a job. Now, its a fare situation providing there are jobs. Its recession time, his room-mate, more qualified than him and having job experience is sitting idle in home. Aur wo padke kaya ukhad lega?!!! Now, imagine me shouting the hindi part on top my voice.
John Abraham can't act (Nishikant Kamath used him properly in Force, total 15 minutes of dialogue and rest 2 hrs action.) Akshay Kumaaaaar....I promised myself I won't watch his movies for next three years since I watched Kambakht Ishq. That promise included solo movies and now I think I should have included multi-starrers too. And Deepika.... :sigh: still can't act.

R2K

In the Zone
Friends with Benefits (2011) - IMDb
7/10
As always with romantic comedies , there is no catching nor believable storyline.
Also Definitely not watchable with your parents or family around if you know what I mean ;)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Clerks 7.5

A very good black comedy. Check it out.

Dante Hicks: You said you only had sex with three different guys; you never mentioned him!
Veronica Loughran: Because I never HAD sex with him.
Dante Hicks: You sucked his dick!
Veronica Loughran: We went out a few times. We never had sex but we fooled around.
Dante Hicks: Oh my God, WHY did you tell me you only had sex with three different guys?
Veronica Loughran: Because I DID only have sex with three different guys; that doesn't mean I didn't just go with people.
Dante Hicks: Oh my God, I feel so nauseous!
Veronica Loughran: I'm sorry, Dante, I thought you understood!
Dante Hicks: I did understand! I understood that you had sex with three different guys and that's all you said!
Veronica Loughran: Please calm down.
Dante Hicks: How many?
Veronica Loughran: Dante...
Dante Hicks: How many dicks have you sucked?
Veronica Loughran: Let it go!
Dante Hicks: How many?
Veronica Loughran: All right, shut up a second and I'll tell you! Jesus! I didn't freak out like this when you told me how many girls you ****ed!
Dante Hicks: This is different, this is important. How many?
[long pause as customer buys something]
Dante Hicks: Well?
Veronica Loughran: Something like... 36.
Dante Hicks: What? Something like 36?
Veronica Loughran: Lower your voice.
Dante Hicks: Wait, what is that anyway, something like 36? Does that INCLUDE me?
Veronica Loughran: Ummm... 37.
Dante Hicks: I'm 37?

Anish

Spectre
Vettai - 6.5/10
Watched yesterday evening. The title music by yuvan was really nice. Madhavan looks fatty. Good performance by madhavan and aarya. Amala paul looks beautiful. Onetime watch, atleast for the title music and BGM.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Watched Mission Impossible 4: Ghost Protocol today. (I know, I am a lazy bunny).
Although I haven't watched any of the prequels of MI4, there was something which looked too familiar to me. Maybe the signature soundtrack.
Enjoyed the movie, for it's action. And some awesome tech.

Hated Anil Kapoor's small on screen presence. If I have to rate, its (7/10).

(Given 0.5 extra since, it showed a nice looking Mumbai, which was a change from Slumdog Millionaire :D)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Vettai - 6.5/10
Watched yesterday evening. The title music by yuvan was really nice. Madhavan looks fatty. Good performance by madhavan and aarya. Amala paul looks beautiful. Onetime watch, atleast for the title music and BGM.

There was a news in today's newspaper that Vettai would be remade into Hindi with SRK and Imran Khan.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
In Time 4.5/10

Bad movie with a good concept. Actually its pretty average movie if you decide to replace all "TIME" words with "Money"...

The caller - That was one awesome brainfck movie! Gripping throughout.

There are six movies with this title. Kabhie to IMDB link post kiya kar mere bhai.

Anish

Spectre
Has anyone watched pineapple express? How's it. I am gonna buy the movie dvd from flipkart. Just wanted to know how the movie tasted.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Has anyone watched pineapple express? How's it. I am gonna buy the movie dvd from flipkart. Just wanted to know how the movie tasted.

Its not a movie you would buy to watch.

Good but not great.

6/10 is how I rated it

The Innkeepers 6/10

Was it scary or just my imagination?

Well, the movie is slow and it did create a good environment, it makes you anticipating that something would happen now...ok now...at least now. Then it ends.

It did away with all ghost movie cliches...

1> No ghost appearing behind you when u are infront of mirror but not looking into it.
2> No flickering tubelights.
3> Your torch does not go out the moment you enter deep into your basement room.
4> The electricity does not go out when required most.
5> Rooms which not properly ventilated.

etc....

Now, the question to you...if you keep all these out of a horror movie what do you get?

Last edited:
Top Bottom