Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Just watched:--

Ice Age 3 ( 8/10) Very adventerous and funny

Monsters vs Aliens (7/10) Good adventure but not so funny(only if you were hoping it)

Please guys could you tell me some good ANIMATION flims like those two above.
i already watched Kung Fu Panda.

swatkat

Technomancer
Kontroll, a Hungarian movie. Superb thriller. Must watch.
*www.imdb.com/title/tt0373981/

By the way, check out Clerkdogs. It is a human powered movie recommendation website.
*www.clerkdogs.com/

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26636

watched "UP".....awesome story & animation....PIXAR has done it again....as good as the likes of Ratatouille & Wall E....A must see reccomendation for animated movie fans.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
One flew over the cuckoo's nest - As usual, expectations were very high and it was a big letdown. I fail to understand how come its rated so high!

Anyway...apni apni choice.

Is there any relevance of this movie with Kyo ki, a Salman starrer directed by Priyadarshan?

Krow

Crowman
I dunno about the relevance, but I personally liked Kyon Ki a lot somehow, maybe cz I appreciated that some director went for a negative ending... but I like it anyway.

swatkat

Technomancer
The Warriors (1979):
*www.imdb.com/title/tt0080120/
Good thriller/adventure. Has some typical 80s cheesiness though :) I guess this could be one of the first movies to use comic book style narration.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Titanic - 9/10

Good movie. This movie is just about 3Hrs but i never felt they were dragging. Actually i thought to watch it a year back but i forgot to download it. But now.. i got a chance to download and watch.

I have a doubt about the actual story. Did the captain and the chief engineer of the ship died the same way they died in this movie?

Krow

Crowman
I think that the whole movie was dramatised to suit the target audience. In actual life I doubt if things would happened even 30% as shown in any movie based on a true story.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
they had to dramatize the story the bit to get you to see it.....and yes the captain did go down with the ship...it was a matter of honour

trigger

Journeyman
I think it's a 'Must Watch Movies' thread not the 'Movie you saw last'..

Anyway, go for The Prestige, another awesome movie from Christopher Nolan. Must watch it.. Are you watching closely?

abyss88

Broken In
the untouchables(1987)

Robert de Niro as Al Capone, Sean Connery,Andy Garcia

well if there is a robert de niro or al pacino movie....u better watch it ASAP :p

(i've got no problem if the forum members give their views about any movie or if they post the last movie they watched and rate it accordingly)

BTW "snatch" is another movie u may wanna watch

Last edited:

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Dil bole hadippa - Lived up to my expectations. Turned out to be bore as expected. So I wasn't disappointed. Had to watch it in theater because of some obligatory commitment. Rani looks good and all but the movie is very unrealistic and script is bad.

How to sleep better- A BBC documentary on patterns of sleep. Some great suggestions to those who have sleep problems. By sleep problems, I hope you know what I mean. Highly recommended.

Krow

Crowman
the untouchables(1987)
Robert de Niro as Al Capone, Sean Connery,Andy Garcia
well if there is a robert de niro or al pacino movie....u better watch it ASAP :p
+1 to Sean Connery. Simply superb acting. The movie was pretty good too. :razz:

Dil bole hadippa - Lived up to my expectations. Turned out to be bore as expected. So I wasn't disappointed. Had to watch it in theater because of some obligatory commitment. Rani looks good and all but the movie is very unrealistic and script is bad.
Thanks a lot chillum baba! :lol: Before someone forced me to watch this crap, I can scare them off now. :)

abyss88

Broken In
if u people are into documentaries, may i suggest my personal favourite STALINGRAD (2003).

its one of my favourites because:
a) its on WW2 b) its on WW2 and the most important c) its on WW2.

the documentary contains personal experiences of some of the members of the "German wehrmacht" as well as Soviet army and some civilians on both sides.
its now available in english as well.

Top Bottom