Movie DVD Authoring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to rip some of my dvd movies and create a 4 in 1 movie disc . right up till now i have managed to rip the movies to my hard disc as avi(using autogk and dvd decrypter) and also mpeg(using total video converter) .
I am using sony dvd architect 4.5 for creating the dvds . The problem is that it only accepts mpeg files . mpeg files are invariably too long and i cant make 4 movies fit into the single disc (DVD-5 4.5 GB , not the dual layer one) .

1. I need a avi to mpeg recorder which also has the option of setting the output file size (so i can set it to say , 700 mb) This way i ll be able to stuff 4 movies into the dvd without significant loss of quality .
Currently total video converter does the job .... but the output file is nearly 3-4 GB in size for a single movie
Suggestions please

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
You can try Format Factory....There is no option to limit the size. But there are profiles such as VCD PAL, VCD NTSC etc. which I think may help u....!!

I just checked a number of converters and recoders (including format factory). The only one i was happy with was autogk , reportedly used by the ripping legend aXXo . Its the only one which allows you to specify the output file size without too much compromise on quality . But unfortunately the output file type is restricted to avi with autogk .

so i am going to try a different approach i.e changing the authoring tool

can anybody suggest a good authoring tool excluding Sony DVD architect 4.5 and Nero Vision which does nt have a problem with avi files and has many options to customize menu . I dont want Nero Vision only because its such a bloatware .

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
+1 to ConvertX To DVD. Till now created 3-4 DVDs with it.
Works like charm, very easy and self-explanatory UI.
Try it.

narayanan2k4

Right off the assembly line
hey guys,
why dont you try using TMPGENC Authoring works 4.0.
As far as i know it will solve all your problems in authoring a dvd. it accepts all file formats as source. you can create custom menus, edit your clips, add subtitles and do more. you can also reduce the output file size.
go ahead and have a try.
moz-screenshot-2.png
*i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz86/Shoguna/TMPGEncAuthoringWorks40732.gif
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

rocky_om

Sys***** IBM India.......
Hi,
If U r trying to put a dual layer dvd to 4.7 gb dvd then try DVD Shrink. It will create a 4.7gb image and which u can burn in a dvd.

xitij2000

Requiem for the Sith
+1 to above, although I must say, it can do more than just "Shrink"

You can use it to reauthor DVDs, and combine multiple DVDs in one. It can't do fancy menu's like some of the commercial software, but it is light and very very fast, with good quality results.

By adding the step of converting them to an intermediate format (AVI / MPEG) you are loosing quality. Instead rip the full DVD to disc and then do all the combining. This will need MUCH more space though.

I'm not sure you'll be able to get as much compression as you are trying to achieve though, alteast not without significant quality loss. If playback compatibility on DVD Players is not essential, just write the avi files themselves.

ww927bin

Right off the assembly line
I am trying to rip some of my dvd movies and create a 4 in 1 movie disc . right up till now i have managed to rip the movies to my hard disc as avi(using autogk and dvd decrypter) and also mpeg(using total video converter) .
I am using sony dvd architect 4.5 for creating the dvds . The problem is that it only accepts mpeg files . mpeg files are invariably too long and i cant make 4 movies fit into the single disc (DVD-5 4.5 GB , not the dual layer one) .

1. I need a avi to mpeg recorder which also has the option of setting the output file size (so i can set it to say , 700 mb) This way i ll be able to stuff 4 movies into the dvd without significant loss of quality .
Currently total video converter does the job .... but the output file is nearly 3-4 GB in size for a single movie
Suggestions please

Hi,Phantom

i dont think there is a program has the option of setting the output file size.but u can set the bitrate lower(To get higher video and audio quality, you can select a higher video and audio bit rate. But the file size will be larger.)

If ur DVD player supports divx/xvid,u can convert ur videos to .mp4 or .avi

Pavtube Video Converter is wonderful,u can try it .

more info : *www.pavtube.com/video_converter/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom