motorola defy+ substitues

cray.x

Broken In
hello all i created this thread coz many would have heard that moto is shutting down its business in India!
earlier i was goig for moto defy+, but now i need suggestions from u all for its better substitute, i went for this phone coz of its beautiful GUI, and its robustness, i saw a few videos of iGyaan on youtube, which impressed me.

1. Budget?
16-17k

2. Display type and size?
anything >=320*480

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
bar

4. Preferred choice of brand?
HTC, sony, samsung, LG

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
touchscreen(if possible qwerty otherwise not mandatory)

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
front cam not required for now, it would be better if it has a flash, otherwise i better do it in the daylight.
a decent 5 MP secondary cam.

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
I have started android programming so only android please!

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
wifi,2G,3G, bluetooth, DLNA, wifi hotspot, GPS(compulsory i keep getting lost), can i get UTG?

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
GPS, skype, whats app, temple run.

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
gaming, internet, app development, multimedia

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
xperia Neo, Neo V, saw micromax A100 too.

12. Any other info that you want to share
want the processor to be a min of 1GHZ(better if snapdragon) and at least has 1 GB of internal memory, plus 512MB ram now it wont matter if its robust or not, but need it to work smoothly w/0 any heating or memory issues! blacklisted sony xperia U( no expendable memory)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
mobiles doesn't normally fail so even if Motorola is closing its Asian centers doesn't mean mobile will go bad or if something breaks you won't get official support, though it will take time. Only things that is prone to problems is the charger and yes the mobile itself if you flash a rom (official or custom) without reading proper steps. Me and my friend have flashed more than 30 roms both official and unofficial without bricking the mobile. my mobile (LG) has dropped almost half a dozen times on floor and nothing has broken even when it lacks gorilla glass or even scratch resistant glass. Forget dust or water resistant.

Other than Defy+, Xperia Sola and One V are only mobiles that are within your budget and offers decent build. Pro is fine but a slider can never be robust. The sliding mechanism itself is prone to lot of problems even without dropping. Drop it and it maybe game over instantly.

aroraanant

Explorer
Those slider keypads give trouble after some time so not recommended and also it has been discontinued a long time back.

OP
cray.x

cray.x

Broken In
ok but one V or sola is out of the budgets dude it is either 19k or 20k! i have already stretched my budget so far!

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^
He he he....
One should be good at bargaining in that case... :p
Or should opt for a good deal online.
If anyone wish to buy online then can PM, I will find the best deal and tell him/her :)

Ironman

In the zone
^^^^
He he he....
One should be good at bargaining in that case... :p
Or should opt for a good deal online.
If anyone wish to buy online then can PM, I will find the best deal and tell him/her :)

Great ...................... Please Find Me the Best Deal For
Micromax Ninja 2 A56
I am Planning to Buy a Cheap Android Phone For Me !

aroraanant

Explorer
Hmmmm bro micromax phones are not good, why are you opting for it.
Apart from that, it is not available on much websites, but surely will try to find a good deal for you.
BTW what is the price you are getting right now?

Yaar hadd hai, tum log to peeche hi padh gaye ho :p

Top Bottom