Moto X First Gen , Glass top is broken

Baker

Albicelestes
Guys

My Moto X first gen is fallen from hand and its glass top is broken.

I contacted service centre they are estimating around 10k for replacement , But the display is fine in my phone , is there any way i can replace only the glass top..?

any idea guys..?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
If you are in Delhi, Nehru Place is a good place to fix your broken display. I enquired about it once since I have a Moto X 1st gen too. They said it's easy to replace the glass screen and costs around 2 to 3K or even less. I remember this since I was quite surprised.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Yup, if your touch is working, then the digitizer need not be replaced.. The outer glass layer can easily be replaced by anyone as long as they have original part

$hadow

Geek in making
If you would have been living around NCR region i would have suggested you to go to Nehru Place but now I think Bangalore people can help here.

OP
Baker

Baker

Albicelestes
Service center told , they have to replace the entire display it will cost me 9.3 k :O

In bangalore i may have to lurk trough SP road may be...

any input from bangalore is welcome :)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
But thats totally absurd !!, if your touch is working, there's no need to replace the digitiser.. Maybe MotoX Display and digitizer is attached together ? like SOny phones

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ I don't think that's the case though. Since as mentioned in my previous post, only display can be changed for under 2K. OP should try more offline shops.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Digitizer and the glass are different but it's difficult to peel the glass only without affecting the digitizer, that's why even when your digitizer is not broken/damaged the SC people change it anyway. Maybe some greatly skilled technical experts can do that, but that not gonna happen in most service centres.

OP
Baker

Baker

Albicelestes
I had checked many offline shops , all are suggesting the same thing. They can not change only glass top and it is not even available.

But I am getting different price quotes from different shops....
it is ranging from 3.5k to 7k , but all are for changing the entire display unit.

My doubt here is will the entire display unit can be only 3.5k...? , and all are saying it is original ones.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
At this point your only option is to judge the reputation of the shop. And you may even ask them to let them do it under your supervision. See if they allow or not. Should tell something about their transparency of service.

ChiRuTha

Right off the assembly line
I had checked many offline shops , all are suggesting the same thing. They can not change only glass top and it is not even available.

But I am getting different price quotes from different shops....
it is ranging from 3.5k to 7k , but all are for changing the entire display unit.

My doubt here is will the entire display unit can be only 3.5k...? , and all are saying it is original ones.

I would be interested to know how did you get your mobile repaired. After one year I am in same boat at Bangalore with a broken display. Please help.

- - - Updated - - -

Even now when the resale value of a Moto X first generation is around 7k, Service centers are asking 10k for display change! The local shops are asking for 3-4k but the display unit would be chinese junk and maynot be reliable! :thinking_NF:

ALLWIN MICHAEL

Right off the assembly line
Did you guys get a solution to the problem?I'm in the same pathetic situation now,as my moto x had its glass top broken and its costing another phones budget for its repair.please do suggest a way!

Top Bottom