Moto X 2015: Style and Play Discussion Thread

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Really disappointed with pricing, was planning on buying one but 615 is not worth the price of 25k

tkin

Back to school!!
Motorola X Play launching in India soon, Moto officially teased it today:

*i.imgur.com/9z7YZ4G.png

*i.imgur.com/hdUqJVn.png

This confirms that its the Play that will be launched here, for now:

*i.imgur.com/wDRKjsT.png

Flipkart will obviously be the launch platform:

*i.imgur.com/jwD8jdS.png

Track the tweets using these hashes:

*twitter.com/hashtag/XOMotoX?src=hash

*twitter.com/hashtag/YouDeserveBetter?src=hash

I believe it will launch by this week or max next week, style will probably launch around October.

I predict the price of the 16GB version will be between 20- 22k and 32GB will be 25k.

BTW digit cover here: Motorola India teases India launch of Moto X Play on Twitter | Digit.in

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
The price I quoted is derived by the folowing process

1. The moto G 3rd generation 8 GB sells for $179 in the US (approx 11958 by today's exchange rate) and Flipkart is selling at 11,999
2. The moto G 3rd generation 8 GB sells for £179 in the UK (approx 16200 by today's exchange rate) and Flipkart is selling at 11,999
3. The Moto X play is selling at £279 in the UK (approx 28500 by today's exchange rate).
4. The Moto X Style is selling at $399.99 in the US which is roughly 26800 INR
5. The Moto X 2nd Gen is selling at $299.99 in the US which is roughly 20100 INR, whereas Flipkart i selling at 21999

So judging by this Motorola is gonna price the phones as per US pricing and that puts the Style in 28-30k range. If they want to sell the style in that range they will have to price the play in 22 k range. Also the review units had import price of 22,288 and thus the retail price should be lower than this as that happened with the Moto G (review units priced at 15k and retails at 12k).

So this brings the following conclusion

Play starting at 21-22k
Style starting at 28k

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
The price I quoted is derived by the folowing process

1. The moto G 3rd generation 8 GB sells for $179 in the US (approx 11958 by today's exchange rate) and Flipkart is selling at 11,999
2. The moto G 3rd generation 8 GB sells for £179 in the UK (approx 16200 by today's exchange rate) and Flipkart is selling at 11,999
3. The Moto X play is selling at £279 in the UK (approx 28500 by today's exchange rate).
4. The Moto X play is selling at $399.99 in the US which is roughly 26800 INR
5. The Moto X 2nd Gen is selling at $299.99 in the US which is roughly 20100 INR, whereas Flipkart i selling at 21999

So judging by this Motorola is gonna price the phones as per US pricing and that puts the Style in 28-30k range. If they want to sell the style in that range they will have to price the play in 22 k range. Also the review units had import price of 22,288 and thus the retail price should be lower than this as that happened with the Moto G (review units priced at 15k and retails at 12k).

So this brings the following conclusion

Play starting at 21-22k
Style starting at 28k
Point 4 should be moto x style but overall a fair assumption. The question begs, which version will come at the 22k range? I think the 16GB. If the 32GB comes at 22k it'll wipe the floor with the competition.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Point 4 should be moto x style but overall a fair assumption. The question begs, which version will come at the 22k range? I think the 16GB. If the 32GB comes at 22k it'll wipe the floor with the competition.

Corrected. Thanks.
and yeah, if the 32GB comes at the 22k range, we might just have a assassin of the "2016 Flagship Killer" :p
But in probability its the base model

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
Corrected. Thanks.
and yeah, if the 32GB comes at the 22k range, we might just have a assassin of the "2016 Flagship Killer"
But in probability its the base model
Won't be a flagship killer...
It's got a slower processor and gpu

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
I do not see any Nexus 6 thread, so posting here.
Recently, Nexus 6 got a price cut and the 64GB model is priced at $400, read here.
The question is, how long will Flipkart take to update its price? Also, why is it costly at google play store, 32GB is priced at 33,800 INR?

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Recently, Nexus 6 got a price cut and the 64GB model is priced at $400, read here.
The question is, how long will Flipkart take to update its price? Also, why is it costly at google play store, 32GB is priced at 33,800 INR?

Depends on Moto India

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
Would be a awesome phone for the price if priced at 350 USD... For 32gb...
BTW why it is dropped so low...

Even considering the upcoming releases and it's a old phone.. It's too low for the specs..
It's a 6 incher qhd phone
Depends on Moto India

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Would be a awesome phone for the price if priced at 350 USD... For 32gb...
BTW why it is dropped so low...

Even considering the upcoming releases and it's a old phone.. It's too low for the specs..
It's a 6 incher qhd phone

Price dropped due to new N6 launch from huawei.

The N5 will be approx priced near $450 and N6 near $600

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
I guess they won't as if Moto X style if launched for 28k and N6 selling for 25k no one would buy X Style and instead go for N6 due to nexus branding.

Smart Moto India
Style is not gonna be launched in India so soon as part is gonna launch...
Maybe 5-6 months away

Top Bottom