Moto X 2015: Style and Play Discussion Thread

tkin

Back to school!!
Guys I have some really good news.

Moto X Play 32 GB customs declared price 16,677
Moto X Play 16 GB customs declared price 15,428

So that means we might see a 21k price tag for the 32 GB model.
Sold, don't care about the lag. The battery and the camera alone makes up for it. If the data you mentioned is correct then I am expecting 16GB at 19,999/- and 32GB at 21,999/- given how moto prices the Moto G3.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Sold, don't care about the lag. The battery and the camera alone makes up for it. If the data you mentioned is correct then I am expecting 16GB at 19,999/- and 32GB at 21,999/- given how moto prices the Moto G3.

*i.imgur.com/UstRUYO.jpg

It is definitely correct. See the XT1562. That is the Moto Play

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

My estimates:
16 GB at 17-18k
32 GB at 19-20k.

That could be really sweet.

Moto X 1st gen had similar SoC and pricing.

Techguy

In the zone
The MotoX Play actually performs worse than the Moto G3 is general everyday usage. Hiccups here and there, and the GPU is underpowered for 1080p. But implementation is miles ahead of the Mi4i.

tkin

Back to school!!
*i.imgur.com/UstRUYO.jpg

It is definitely correct. See the XT1562. That is the Moto Play
Yaaay, this is the phone for me - ...Goes to search for wallet.....

- - - Updated - - -

My estimates:
16 GB at 17-18k
32 GB at 19-20k.

That could be really sweet.

Moto X 1st gen had similar SoC and pricing.
Death to sub 20k phones.

- - - Updated - - -

The MotoX Play actually performs worse than the Moto G3 is general everyday usage. Hiccups here and there, and the GPU is underpowered for 1080p. But implementation is miles ahead of the Mi4i.
Understood, I'm ready to live with minor lags if I get that beast of a camera+battery+stock os at those prices. Guys who play Nova 3 might worry, but I don't. Android M might improve performance and reduce the said lags. I have used Yuphoria+, it does not lag that much. This will lag even less. Overall if the prices said are correct I can sacrifice a bit of performance. Better than having bad customer support, overheating cpu, poor battery and pi$$ poor marketing.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Yaaay, this is the phone for me - ...Goes to search for wallet.....

- - - Updated - - -

Death to sub 20k phones.

- - - Updated - - -

Understood, I'm ready to live with minor lags if I get that beast of a camera+battery+stock os at those prices. Guys who play Nova 3 might worry, but I don't. Android M might improve performance and reduce the said lags. I have used Yuphoria+, it does not lag that much. This will lag even less. Overall if the prices said are correct I can sacrifice a bit of performance. Better than having bad customer support, overheating cpu, poor battery and pi$$ poor marketing.
RIP One plus two

tkin

Back to school!!
RIP One plus two
It was never alive anyway. There was a contest going on in one plus group(kolkata) which required the user to submit a screenshot of OPO homescreen and the one with most likes would win an invite. Found out a guy was selling a screenshot for 200/- :p

And then there was these guys who made 20-30k by selling as well as scamming invites. The OPT groups in FB and their forums have become a mini pyramid scheme :D :D

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
This pricing means The style will be in the 25k range. And the nexus 5 or 5x is supposed to be in the 28k range. So good year for smartphones eh?

tkin

Back to school!!
Yureka runs that fine but FHD screen in X Play *may* hamper performance.
Yureka plus has FHD. But that aside I don't think it will be a problem for us non-gamers. We want battery life, plenty of it. Saw some guys getting 6hrs SOT with GPS and everything turned on. And few reports of 7hrs+ SOT under normal use. Definitely trumps the OPT when considering I don't play games.

- - - Updated - - -

This pricing means The style will be in the 25k range. And the nexus 5 or 5x is supposed to be in the 28k range. So good year for smartphones eh?
Huh, 25k style, now I am confused, it comes within my upgrade budget in that case. Damn it. YOU GUYS WANT TO SEE ME SUFFER :p

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Yureka plus has FHD. But that aside I don't think it will be a problem for us non-gamers. We want battery life, plenty of it. Saw some guys getting 6hrs SOT with GPS and everything turned on. And few reports of 7hrs+ SOT under normal use. Definitely trumps the OPT when considering I don't play games.

- - - Updated - - -

Huh, 25k style, now I am confused, it comes within my upgrade budget in that case. Damn it. YOU GUYS WANT TO SEE ME SUFFER
I have been also suffering. I would wait out till the style is launched in India and also the new nexus. Then I will decide I need to upgrade or not

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
If LG Nexus 5 comes with same SD615, bye bye Nexus. I still hope they give SD620 or SD805 atleast without jumping on the "64 bit" moniker.

7 hours+ SOT would be great.

tkin

Back to school!!
If LG Nexus 5 comes with same SD615, bye bye Nexus. I still hope they give SD620 or SD805 atleast without jumping on the "64 bit" moniker.

7 hours+ SOT would be great.
I think its pretty much a open secret that the LG N5 will come with SD808. Here are the full specs as the latest rumors have them:

5.2-inch screen with 1080 x 1920 pixels
Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 ???
16/32 GB internal storage
3 GB RAM
12.3 MP main camera
5 MP front snapper
USB-Type C(Proper, i.e not like OP implementation)
2700mah battery(android M takes care of this).

Now the SD 620 will probably not appear, but do note that a wild Samsung device with the 620 has found its way out: Snapdragon 620-toting Samsung device gets benchmarked - GSMArena.com news

So here's hoping for the best. If it does come with SD620 and it's as good a Qualcomm claims it to be then OP will need to roll up shop and will have to end up releasing a new device. And this theory fits all the problems with OPT, short supply(not making many phones), the ceo claiming to release a new device at December etc etc.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
I think its pretty much a open secret that the LG N5 will come with SD808. Here are the full specs as the latest rumors have them:

5.2-inch screen with 1080 x 1920 pixels
Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 ???
16/32 GB internal storage
3 GB RAM
12.3 MP main camera
5 MP front snapper
USB-Type C(Proper, i.e not like OP implementation)
2700mah battery(android M takes care of this).

Now the SD 620 will probably not appear, but do note that a wild Samsung device with the 620 has found its way out: Snapdragon 620-toting Samsung device gets benchmarked - GSMArena.com news

So here's hoping for the best. If it does come with SD620 and it's as good a Qualcomm claims it to be then OP will need to roll up shop and will have to end up releasing a new device. And this theory fits all the problems with OPT, short supply(not making many phones), the ceo claiming to release a new device at December etc etc.
It may come with 2GB RAM. An internal LG presentation was leaked that was for a "Project N3" and it showed the Nexus in Black. The RAM in that presentation was 2GB. But also the presentation is old and may be the pitch that LG gave to Google. So it may come with either 2GB or 3GB.

Also if I recall correctly there was a benchmark leak for an alleged LG nexus featuring a SD620. That benchmark scores even beat down the 810. Don't know whether it was a fake or not.

tkin

Back to school!!
It may come with 2GB RAM. An internal LG presentation was leaked that was for a "Project N3" and it showed the Nexus in Black. The RAM in that presentation was 2GB. But also the presentation is old and may be the pitch that LG gave to Google. So it may come with either 2GB or 3GB.

Also if I recall correctly there was a benchmark leak for an alleged LG nexus featuring a SD620. That benchmark scores even beat down the 810. Don't know whether it was a fake or not.
Can you say 2GB for the 16GB and 3GB for the 32GB version? Certainly possible. That score that beat the 810 black and blue is most probably fake, else it means that the 820 will score twice as the 810 which is pretty far fetched IMHO. Lets hope for the best.

We can take rest of the discussion here, its time we had a thread for this: *www.digit.in/forum/mobiles-tablets/194822-google-nexus-2015-lg-huawei-discussion-thread-rumors.html

Techguy

In the zone

GPU on the 620 hasn't been announced, but the CPU is faster than the S810. Cortex A72 :mrgreen:

Techguy

In the zone
Missed that somehow. No performance estimates, but it will most probably slower than Adreno 430 in the S810. Might perform at par with S808 when it comes to GPU perf.

My sweet spot chip is the S618: dual core A72, quad A53. Motorola should have made a Moto X 2013 reboot, added a 1080p display, bigger battery, better camera and this chip. Perfect.

tkin

Back to school!!
Missed that somehow. No performance estimates, but it will most probably slower than Adreno 430 in the S810. Might perform at par with S808 when it comes to GPU perf.

My sweet spot chip is the S618: dual core A72, quad A53. Motorola should have made a Moto X 2013 reboot, added a 1080p display, bigger battery, better camera and this chip. Perfect.
Then they would have missed the launch window by 6 months or more. The 620 is nowhere in sight, let alone the 618. They'll come early next year or maybe Q2.

Adreno 510 may be slower than 430 but it'll definitely be faster than 420, otherwise qualcomm's target market, i.e 2k phones with the 620 will remain a pipe dream.

Top Bottom