Moto G discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
No.
Try searching in local shops or street vendors :p I found some but they makes phone ugly so I am not using any of them.

Hmmm I'm living in Kerala I don't think ill get it here may be I should go Calicut If it is nit there then it will be not here.

vikash

Journeyman
Using gadgetshieldz, and starting to hate it.
It's gotten rubbery, and there's too much friction.
Although I do love the fact that it's so fine and almost invisible. But it deteriorates the overall experience. SO I think I'll buy a cheaper screen protector when this one wears out.

I am not questioning it's popularity, it's just that, it can't withstand the high temperature conditions of India, and gets rubbery. It works fine with AC on.. :D

Hmmm I'm living in Kerala I don't think ill get it here may be I should go Calicut If it is nit there then it will be not here.

You can get many options on ebay.in. I have got mine from here for my xperia and ipods as there are plenty available here.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, guys... Which screen guard are you using on your Moto Gs??? :)

Been using screens from Scratchgard for so many years. never had any issues except one case when it was due to my negligence. Best part here in Mumbai is guys from scratchgard sit outside the shop from where i usually buy my mobiles and they install it for you and they do a neat job.

ParaXite

Power User
Hello Guys!
I recently bought moto g which came with kitkat. I have noticed a slight lag while switching between home screens and while minimizing some apps (using the home button) like chrome and camera. The minimizing lag happens with nova launcher (even on aggressive mode) and apex launcher. I did not install too many apps just a few of them like facebook and whatsapp. I've tried reseting the device but that did not reduce the lag. It's only slight and is not a problem but is noticeable. The benchmarks and performance in games is normal and as expected. Only the lag bothers me which remains in other launchers also.

Few days before that I bought moto E for my Mom. That phone runs like a breeze. It doesn't lag where moto G lags. If a 7k phone isn't lagging why should the moto G? Is this normal or should I ask for replacement from flipkart?

Thanks!

ankush28

Bazinga
Hello Guys!
I recently bought moto g which came with kitkat. I have noticed a slight lag while switching between home screens and while minimizing some apps (using the home button) like chrome and camera. The minimizing lag happens with nova launcher (even on aggressive mode) and apex launcher. I did not install too many apps just a few of them like facebook and whatsapp. I've tried reseting the device but that did not reduce the lag. It's only slight and is not a problem but is noticeable. The benchmarks and performance in games is normal and as expected. Only the lag bothers me which remains in other launchers also.

Few days before that I bought moto E for my Mom. That phone runs like a breeze. It doesn't lag where moto G lags. If a 7k phone isn't lagging why should the moto G? Is this normal or should I ask for replacement from flipkart?

Thanks!

I hope you have unlocked developer options. If not go to about phone>tap 7 times on build number.
Now you can see Developer options in settings. Set all animation values to x0.5 as shown in screenshot. Reboot the phone. Enjoy.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=14441&d=1401301759
View attachment 14441
This wil make phone more snappy. Default animation speed is bit slow.
I don't think FK will replace phone for such damm small issue.
Btw what is AGGRESSIVE mode you mentioned in post?
Tip - use Google Now Launcher

ParaXite

Power User
I hope you have unlocked developer options. If not go to about phone>tap 7 times on build number.
Now you can see Developer options in settings. Set all animation values to x0.5 as shown in screenshot. Reboot the phone. Enjoy.
View attachment 14441
This wil make phone more snappy. Default animation speed is bit slow.
I don't think FK will replace phone for such damm small issue.
Btw what is AGGRESSIVE mode you mentioned in post?
Tip - use Google Now Launcher

So this is happening to you as well?
I have already unlocked dev options and set only the transition animation to off because I find it time saving and gets rid of the problem. Google now launcher I have tried but that also lags while going to home screen from app tray. There is slight jerk and the animation is not smooth.
Aggressive mode in nova launcher keeps the launcher in memory and does a few other things. I've read that this increases performance at the cost of some RAM. The aggressive mode didn't help though.
I'm wondering why moto g isn't as snappy as moto e.

Last edited:

ankush28

Bazinga
No I ain't facing lags. (Or my eyes aren't catching any :lol: )
Dont turn offf animations completely. Use x0.5 as I mentioned earlier. I just tried no transition animation and it looks extremely weird.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
How to change backround black colour in moto g ?

you want to modify the background wallpaper or the colour of the menu as in the pic above?

if its the latter one, you may have to head over to xda for modding tips. PS: you'll probably void your warranty as well.

Manju.s

Broken In
you want to modify the background wallpaper or the colour of the menu as in the pic above?

if its the latter one, you may have to head over to xda for modding tips. PS: you'll probably void your warranty as well.

i want to change the color which had in above pic :)

Vinay Chawla

New to this forum
hey everyone... i wish to buy a new mobile but am confused between MotoG and Micromax Canvas Turbo A250.

Spec wise A250 looks better, but before i decide, wish to have a feedback regarding its performance, especially from those who have had a hand on both these phones... any help???? :-?

ankush28

Bazinga

Hahahaha :rofl:
This is my screenshot and I have not rooted yet! This is default! Yes that color gradient wallpaper is default ;)

Whatever this is how you can edit them:
Easy way:
1- Root phone (google how to root moto g)
2- install xposed framework
3- install gravitybox xposed module
Gravitybox has hell lot of customization.

Hardway:
1- root
2- get your framework-res.apk
3- decompile
4- edit
5- recompile
6- push with permissions
I don't recommend 2nd way :lol: but this is what I did with Galaxy Y to bring gradient in background ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom