Moto G discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
ok am going to place an order on FK very first tym :Fingerx:. Will avail COD. Will get 16GB + Royal Blue flip cover.

What should i take care of while purchasing from FK. m Noob :noob:

What if :
1. I got the defected piece of the product ??
2. When i got some problem in the device...??

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
ok am going to place an order on FK very first tym :Fingerx:. Will avail COD. Will get 16GB + Royal Blue flip cover.

What should i take care of while purchasing from FK. m Noob :noob:

What if :

Flipkart has a very good record of replacement. So you need not worry if your device needs to be replaced.
And if you have access to an Axis credit or debit card, you can avail a cash back of 10% (valid till 16 Mar 2014).

rickenjus

In the zone
What if :

dont worry about replacement, I had issue with front camera and they replaced it without any hassle, the guy who came with the replacement handset didn't even check camera, just looked device and accessories, and gave me new one.

- - - Updated - - -

My battery results-
- 5-6 hours browsing in opera mini and 7-8 wifi may be more I don't remember.
- around 3 hrs movie watching and music each...
- and others stuff..
- At night.. flight mode on.

*i.imgur.com/4N5nZf5.png
*i.imgur.com/HamMouc.png
*i.imgur.com/wyjBbck.png

- - - Updated - - -

It reached over 3 days actually, but battery died out before I could take a screenshot....

mojojojo

Broken In
dont worry about replacement, I had issue with front camera and they replaced it without any hassle, the guy who came with the replacement handset didn't even check camera, just looked device and accessories, and gave me new one.

- - - Updated - - -

My battery results-
- 5-6 hours browsing in opera mini and 7-8 wifi may be more I don't remember.
- around 3 hrs movie watching and music each...
- and others stuff..
- At night.. flight mode on.

- - - Updated - - -

It reached over 3 days actually, but battery died out before I could take a screenshot....

Display brightness setting?
Anything specific that you did to enhance the battery life? Disabled apps/services (root needed?)?
Did you use GPS ?

Would be really helpful to a bunch of MotoG users if you could reply to these! :D

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Anything specific that you did to enhance the battery life? Disabled apps/services (root needed?)?
Didi you use GPS ?

Would be really helpful to a bunch of MotoG users if you could reply to these! :D

^^ 1. You quoted huge images.
2. You asking "Didi"s who don't exist in this forum.
3. You made a grammar mistake in last sentence.

I guess, mojojojo,

*i.imgur.com/PQ8JlSS.gif

toofan

Technomancer
Today I ordered this flip cover from Amazon.in

Mono Flip Cover for Moto G - Black: Amazon.in: Electronics

is this ok.

rickenjus

In the zone
Did you use GPS ?

Well I was facing awful battery drain issue earlier after updating to kit-kat... then I headed over to xda and deduced the following things -

1. Latest version of "Google Play services" is a huge battery sucker, so don't update it, if already did, then uninstall updates and revert to previous version i.e factory version 4.0.34.

2. Turn off Google Now and Location if you don't use them, or enable them only needed.

In case you don't know how to do this, then heres how -
tap Google Setting icon -> select Location || Search -> Turn them off (top right).

Note:- You MUST reboot your device for changes to take place.

You can also do few more things, but these will limit some functionality of your device.

3. Turn off Auto-sync & Background Data

- Pull down notification bar with two fingers -> select tile with your network carrier written over it (airtel or whatever) -> tap on option at top right -> uncheck "auto-sync" and check "Restrict background data"

Note - i. You wont' get new emails, or whatsapp updates or any push notification.
ii. These option are automatically enabled/disabled when your battery drops below 15%.

some obvious or general tips

1. Turn flight mode on at night during sleep.

2. Keep an eye on apps running in background (setting -> apps -> running) or simply install GSam Battery Monitor it will do it the hard work for you, it displays the apps the were running in the background and how much battery they ate. Although it works better when rooted.

3. Use Greenify
Greenify help you identify and put the misbehaving apps into hibernation when you are not using them, to stop them from lagging your device and leeching the battery, in an unique way! They can do nothing without explicit launch by you or other apps, while still preserving full functionality when running in foreground
read more here. It also needs root.

4. Set brightness at auto or instal Lux Lite. It adjusts the brightness of device according to the environment and works much better than stock brightness option.It has some great options for adjusting brightness at night, some kind of red/sepia light.. and you can also reduce brightness below 0 for comfortable reading, without pain in the a̶$̶$̶ eyes.

that all, I know..

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Finally got a Moto G (16GB) today with the Axis Bank Cash Back of 10%. So effective price is Rs 13999 - Rs 1399 = Rs 12600. Good Deal there.

*imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/713/v6m7.jpg *imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/46/iiby.jpg
*imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/199/ylfa.jpg*imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/829/aq4v.jpg

Any specific dos and donts and what all apps to remove to speed up the phone? And apart froim Greenify,ES File Browser and Cleanmaster is there any other tool I will require? A task Kiler maybe. Please advise.And yes, how long have you guys charged the battery?

Last edited:

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Finally got a Moto G (16GB) today with the Axis Bank Cash Back of 10%. So effective price is Rs 13999 - Rs 1399 = Rs 12600. Good Deal there.

*imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/713/v6m7.jpg *imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/46/iiby.jpg
*imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/199/ylfa.jpg*imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/829/aq4v.jpg

Any specific dos and donts and what all apps to remove to speed up the phone? And apart froim Greenify,ES File Browser and Cleanmaster is there any other tool I will require? A task Kiler maybe. Please advise.And yes, how long have you guys charged the battery?

Android itself is pretty efficient in killing tasks amd so you dont need one.

$hadow

Geek in making
Well now I want to ask how good and user friendly is the skin is? I am thinking of gifting it to my Uncle. Age 45 years.
Need suggestion on this.

Piyush

Lanaya
Experienced that famous battery drop bug. It came down to 1% from 55% just an hour ago.
So what was the fix again?

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
Some queries form the owners of MG :

1. What about the signal/network issues [as discussed in XDA] ??

2. 143g Isn't feel heavy and uncomfortable both in hands/pocket ???

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
The more I'm using this device the more I'm falling in love wit.Build quality is next to none and so is the battery back up.I charged the battery 6 hrs before using it.The screen and touch is great no lag experienced till now.A little bit of customization is required like disabling useless apps ,getting a file manager , a cleaner , the MX player pro etc etc and our set. The sound quality is on the attacking side slightly but without being bright and too forward sounding and pretty detailed with reference buds like the SA6 and Klipsch Custom 3.All the games starting from MC4 to RR3 crisp except GTA SA, which is laggy on max settings.Great device for the money.

The Camera is pretty good with low light shots,its not at all that bad as it is being made out be by some folks,its not DSLR good but heck why should it be.I would rate the camera very DECENT for the money.I'm yet come across a a 12.6K android phone doing low light so good apart from the Lumias.

toofan

Technomancer
Get my hands on my moto ji today and I am enjoying it now
Everything seems okay
Only the on off switch is little woblly

Could anyone tell how to remove the text writen on the default screen guard

- - - Updated - - -

Will the thinner will remove it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom