Moto G 3rd Generation Discussion

driverace

Broken In
I usually charges when it remains 50-60%

It would only be fair to comment on (almost) complete charge cycle.
You are only using 40-50% of charge cycle. (In that case, you will "have" to charge it many times a day)

This kind of usage would cause 'memory effect/reduced backup time' with the older type of Ni-Ca batteries,
BUT since we are with Li-ion batteries, you wont face any 'problem' as such.

If you would ask me, I would suggest charging it at night, that way, it should hold juice whole day until evening/night (20hours or so, with 3-4 hours of screen time).

Ace.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Anyone updated to Marshmallow? It's been 3-4 days I'm using marshmallow and the main thing I noticed is battery performance. It has dropped severely.

Another issue I noticed is a bit lag. Sometimes smoothness is lost. This was not there in Lollipop.

And you can feel this lag easily when you turn on Battery Saver. It just hangs.

rachitrt23

Broken In
I'm using Marshmallow. I didn't noticed a heavy drop in battery life but it seems that now wifi is consuming a lot of battery. Though screen on time remains almost same. And yes its bit more laggy. I felt it too. Haven't used battery saver yet because even in lollipop it used to make the phone crawl.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Anyone updated to Marshmallow? It's been 3-4 days I'm using marshmallow and the main thing I noticed is battery performance. It has dropped severely.

Another issue I noticed is a bit lag. Sometimes smoothness is lost. This was not there in Lollipop.

And you can feel this lag easily when you turn on Battery Saver. It just hangs.

I'm on MM.Battery performance has reduced.Its just been a couple of days.Have to wait and see.My biggest gripe is WIFI sucking lots of battery and the WIFI toggle doesn't actually switches off the WIFI. I have to go to the WIFI Menu via the Settings to turn it off.Idle drain @ night is 6 to 8 % with WIFI and mobile data off which is quite higher than that i had in Lollipop.Battery Saver makes my phone so laggy it becomes unusable.Pointless feature IMO.

Note: Quick google search about WIFI battery drain suggests its a false battery stats reporting bug.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well, I keep Mobile Data (2G) turned on from 10AM - 9PM and then use WiFi from 9PM - 12:30AM everyday. On Saturday's and Sunday's I use WiFi from 11AM (morning) - 3AM (night). With this same usage I had to charge my phone every night when I went to sleep. But in Marshmallow, it drops down < 15% within 7PM.

One more thing I noticed is that, under Settings > Locations > Scanning (from menu), turn of WiFi. May be that's what draining the battery even after keeping WiFi toggled off.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
One more thing I noticed is that, under Settings > Locations > Scanning (from menu), turn of WiFi. May be that's what draining the battery even after keeping WiFi toggled off.

I noticed that and have disabled it.Still the toggle wont switch off the WIFI. I suspect its a bug. Also sometimes its a rogue app which cause the high drain at idle.Have you installed any app recently ? Im on 4G by the way.Will get more battery if i were on 2g only.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I noticed that and have disabled it.Still the toggle wont switch off the WIFI. I suspect its a bug. Also sometimes its a rogue app which cause the high drain at idle.Have you installed any app recently ? Im on 4G by the way.Will get more battery if i were on 2g only.

Didn't installed anything after upgrading to MM.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

Disable wifi and location scanning in settings. Looks like it's the culprit here.

Yes, looks like WiFi Location Scanning is the culprit here. Disabled it yesterday and the battery usage is back to as it was in lollipop (more or less).

Techguy

In the zone
use wakelock detector and see which app is causing wakelock.

No app shows up on the battery stats, and the awake bar shows that the phone has no persistent wakelocks, might be just 1 thin bar.
A wakelock would show up as a filled bar in the Awake stats.

sankar789

Broken In
The most attractive feature is its water proof resistant and the display. However, Moto 3G has become old :p Moto G Turbo and Moto X are the latest trend, i guess

Aakarshan

In the zone
Guys do Moto G 3rd gen support 64 GB Micro SD Card? As the gsm arena site enlists that it can only support cards upto 32 GB?
And can we use 64 GB sd card as adaptable storage to install apps?

Tomal

Broken In
One of my friends has been using this device for more than four months. As far I came to know from him that it is a good device according to price. I am also thinking about having one.

Top Bottom