Moto G 3rd Generation Discussion

tkin

Back to school!!
,I just got my moto g 3 this week... I noticed vertical line on the mobile display todaywhen back light is off or phone is in sleep mode..These lines are not visible when light is on... Moreover they are viable at a particular angle only or under direct light focussed on it.The display and touch seemsto be fine until now and no issues with performance.. But Iam little worried about this fault of vertical lines. Does this mean a faulty display and should I get my phone replaced..
No problem, its the digitizer, my LG G2 has them as well. If you see them when the display is turned on then its faulty, but if you seem them under direct sunlight when the display is off that's normal.

tkin

Back to school!!
Those who are using Moto G3 can you confirm whether we can hook up a 64GB card with this(Fat32)? If it works whether there are any lags? Or crash or sudden loss of data etc? And does class 10 have better performance than say class 4?

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Those who are using Moto G3 can you confirm whether we can hook up a 64GB card with this(Fat32)? If it works whether there are any lags? Or crash or sudden loss of data etc? And does class 10 have better performance than say class 4?

I'm using a 16gb Class 10 card from SanDisk. Had a class 4 card before.Performance is noticeable when i transfer data from internal memory to the card and vice versa.Class 10 card was faster. Don't know how the class of the card will effect the Apps, as most of them use internal memory.

tkin

Back to school!!
best temered glass for moto g3 n it should cover all part of screen
I've found Nillkin to be very good but pricey. I'm using one with my LG G2.

Nillkin Tempered Glass Tempered Glass for Motorola Moto G 3rd Gen - Nillkin : Flipkart.com

Cheaper in ebay: Nillkin Brand Motorola Moto G3 3rd GEN Amazing 9H Nanometer Tempered Glass | eBay

They also provide two lens guards for Camera as well, here's a review for the LG one: Nillkin JSR017 Mirror Screen Guard for Lg G2 - Nillkin : Flipkart.com

Techguy

In the zone
Is there a screenguard covering the sensor?

Nope. Autobrightness works fine indoors, it adjusts well. But sometimes when I turn on the display in the sun, it doesn't and I can't see anything. Sometimes it works okay in the sun though.

jenimukanna

Broken In
Hi.. i recently purchased motorola g3 from flipkart im tne month of august so far i'm my mobile worked well , i;m happy with it all of sudden one day i saw glittering light at the bottom of the mobile , i immediately called flipkart and told the problem through phone and hr guided to me near my service center after going there i shown the problem which arises in the display but the man told me there is no physical damage in your mobile some thing went wrong we are not able
to provide you warranty . i was frustated and worried about the explanation from service center and he told me . you may kept our mobile in pant pocket so it may damage the display from inside . i was not convinced about his statement my mobile only 40 days old help me out from this problem guys i'm attaching the video present in the screen and invoice towards my purchase
View attachment OD203520465185864500_invoice (1) (1).pdf

tkin

Back to school!!
Most likely an issue with the display controller. Should be covered under warranty.

1. Talk to service center.
2. Talk to flipkart.
3. Twit to both Moto India and Flipkart and post on their fb wall.
4. Finally threaten them to go to consumer court.
5. Go to consumer court.

You should get satisfactory result somewhere around step 2-3. If you manage to go upto step 5 you'll actually find your patience worth it, consumer court has been screwing the companies royally for the last couple of years.

- - - Updated - - -

Trust me, no one wants the customers to go to consumer court or go to any government service. Last time Vodafone was screwing with one of my friends, he send a mail to them with Trai in cc and threatened to go to consumer court. About 3 managers called him up and literally begged not to take this further.

Nerevarine

Incarnate

definitely, especially if you swap your sd card with internal memory.. starting apps were really slow when I had class 4, but after upgrading to 10, they are almost as fast as internal

anyway, try getting a UHS 1, strontium nitro is pretty fast as well as cheap

tkin

Back to school!!
definitely, especially if you swap your sd card with internal memory.. starting apps were really slow when I had class 4, but after upgrading to 10, they are almost as fast as internal

anyway, try getting a UHS 1, strontium nitro is pretty fast as well as cheap
Nice, if I don't find a worthwhile replacement for my LG G2 I'll get this or the Asus ZF2 Laser to go through 2016.

Btw what is the maximum memory you have fit in the G3?

And finally what is the ~5-100% charge time with stock charger and any 3rd party high wattage charger/powerbank(2A o/p)?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Dude i dont have a Moto G3 ...I use a Xperia Z1 compact, I installed a 32 GB Strontium Nitro and swapped the memory using a .sh script .. its working like a charm

H2O

Journeyman
Guys, which is a better screen-protector?

The plastic scratch guard or tempered glass?

$hadow

Geek in making
Do you guys actually use tempered glass? I mean it does add bulk to the phone plus the display loses it's quality.

Minion

Conversation Architect
^Still i can't apply correctly and 300 bucks went into drain.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you guys actually use tempered glass? I mean it does add bulk to the phone plus the display loses it's quality.

Tempered glass is best types of screen protector.Nope display doesn't lose quality and it is lot better than silicone back covers.

$hadow

Geek in making
^Still i can't apply correctly and 300 bucks went into drain.

- - - Updated - - -

Tempered glass is best types of screen protector.Nope display doesn't lose quality and it is lot better than silicone back covers.
Oh! I though so coz all I see if a big bulk attached to the phone. I don't like cases either.

tkin

Back to school!!
Cheap 200/- tempered glass sucks and usually very hard to apply. Spend some money and buy Nillkin. My display looks fantastic with it.

Top Bottom