Moto E launched for 6,999

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys, non removable battery, no after sale service , pls think abt it.. Samsung duos 2 is best phone!

Food for thought and you've a nice point. But if this phone would have launched a year ago I would have happily bought it instead of My Galaxy Duos .. My 8 year old nokia 2112 CDMA is still surviving with it's 8 years old battery ;)

But the only thing one should be concerned about is removable batteries offer a quick recovery from OS crashes when in some particular cases you need to pull out the battery but still considering everything else the MoTo E has terrific value for money.

giprabu

In the zone
This phone is water resistant, scratch resistant? Jeez Moto! :shock:

Its water repellant bro.. not water resistant..

You can't dip it in water.. but you can use it in rain ! :) Pretty cool... But I still envy my own defy.. I wash it every alternative week :mrgreen:

hari1

In the zone
Be informed that it might be impossible for sometime to root it without voiding its warranty permanently. Moto G has the same problem.

bayern_tig

Broken In
Will the 2.2 gb of usable internal memory will be enough? I'll be having only about 25-35 apps,no games. Will that be sufficient?

Also I was wondering whether we can move/install apps on the sd card on stock kitkat?

reddick

Mobile Freak
Another beauty by Motorola. This trend of the company will bring a remarkable strategy in smartphone scenario.
Beware Samsung, Sony, HTC ... :twisted:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Will the 2.2 gb of usable internal memory will be enough? I'll be having only about 25-35 apps,no games. Will that be sufficient?

Also I was wondering whether we can move/install apps on the sd card on stock kitkat?

Lol. How do you think 2.2 GB will contain just 25-35 apps, and that too without any games! :p
There will be room for a lot of *required* apps, not *many but useless* apps, and also room for games like Angry birds, Subway surfer and Candy crush, most of which are the only games people play. Granted it can't have games like Asphalt 8, but I will try to make room for it too. ;)

amjath

Human Spambot
*www.flipkart.com/moto-e/p/itmdvuws...=b_1&ref=138595bb-09de-4335-a675-014f2d28e8e3

844 Ratings and 269 Reviews :facepalm:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
What is with non-removable battery? the reason one would require a removable battery would be for swapping batteries/ using larger capacity battery, or to reboot the phone when it is completely frozen and wont respond to hardware buttons. other than this I don't see why people complain about this issue.

Keep a spare charger or portable power bank in your bag.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Lol. How do you think 2.2 GB will contain just 25-35 apps, and that too without any games! :p
There will be room for a lot of *required* apps, not *many but useless* apps, and also room for games like Angry birds, Subway surfer and Candy crush, most of which are the only games people play. Granted it can't have games like Asphalt 8, but I will try to make room for it too. ;)

Dont worry, as soon as the root sd card swap works, you can have internal memory as much as you like.. Thats what I did for my xperia m

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Dont worry, as soon as the root sd card swap works, you can have internal memory as much as you like.. Thats what I did for my xperia m

I have rooted my LG P500 and made a partition of EXT on SD card, where I move all my apps. Which gives me much space to install any number of apps, as long as it's not larger than say 50 MB.

But what is this "root sd card swap" method you use. Care to elaborate?

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
I have rooted my LG P500 and made a partition of EXT on SD card, where I move all my apps. Which gives me much space to install any number of apps, as long as it's not larger than say 50 MB.

But what is this "root sd card swap" method you use. Care to elaborate?

Internal becomes external and external becomes internal

sujoyp

Grand Master
my friend got his moto E delivery today ...quick delivery ....phone looks just like moto G..rubberised back..good built.

- - - Updated - - -

camera is also fine in good light...but it seems too plain after using sony xperia ZL for soo many days..

Top Bottom