Motherboard review needed and GPU options!!

Avenger

Broken In
Hi guys,
I am thinking of buying a new sandybridge config.So i had decided upon buying an Intel DH67BL motherboard for the i2400 processor.Looking at its very good price of 5.5k, I was wondering if this board has much to offer.

Also what is the difference between an MSI 6850 and Sapphire 6850?..I am asking this since i came to know that the MSI card is 500 rupees cheaper.

In the June edition of Digit they have mentioned that the NVIDIA 560 card is priced at 9600..Is that true??

And finally which is better??..FSP SAGA 500W PSU or Seasonic S12ii 520W...since the FSP psu is 1.5k cheaper!!

Last edited:

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Lets answer one by one.

1.The DH67BL is an okay board with decent upgrade options at the price...if u are looking to overclock...then look towards P67 and Z68 option with cost a lot more..starting from about 9K(for the lower end Gigabyte P67s and Z68s)..OC ing also warrants use of K series(unlocked) Cpus which cost 0.5-1.2k more than Non K counterparts...currently the i5 2500K @ 10.8k+ and i7 2600K @15.5k+ is avlabl

2.They are essentially the same...maybe they have different bundled accessories which affect the price...Check it out

3.This is the Vanilla GTX 560 u are talking about...it has the same no of shaders the GTX 460 has(336)..but is clocked a lot higher since its based on the improved GF114 core...its far inferior to its better endowed brother the GTX 560Ti..which has 384 shaders and is priced higher in the range of 14.5-15k

4. Seasonic should be better imo

Last edited:
OP
A

Avenger

Broken In
If i am not looking to overclock the Intel board is good enough right?..i mean compared to its H67 ASUS and Gigabyte counterparts its not far too inferior i guess?..

about the 560 vanilla question..i guess its better to buy a 6850 card than the 560 one right?

Cilus

laborare est orare
The thing is in H67 motherboard, no matter the manufacturing company is Intel or Asus or Gigabyte, you can't overclock.
For overclocking you need to have a K series processor paired with a P67 or Z68 based chipset based motherboard. And even with the intel based P67/Z67 board you can overclock your K series processor pretty well.

OP
A

Avenger

Broken In
@cilus: I know that we cant overclock using h67 mobos. I dont want to overclock.:smile: All i want to know is whether the Intel board is good enough or is it better to buy asus or gigabyte 'H' series boards?

Cilus

laborare est orare
They are capable enough to handle the processor and also of very good build quality. Also you can try for the Intel DH67VR-B3 @ 4.8K which is a Micro ATX board and offers all the features like SATA 3 and USB3.0.

initially with the Core2Duo or first generation i3/i5/i7 we used to prefer Non intel boards as most of the Intel boards has locked BIOS and no tweaking is possible through them.

But now a days the scenario has been changed as the tweaking features has been updated in cheap level, not by the motherboard manufacturer.

So you can easily go with the Intel based H67 chipset mobos.

OP
A

Avenger

Broken In
Thanks Cilus.I've decided that this board is good enough!!..My config looks somewhat like this:

Intel H67BL MoBo 5500
i2400 processor 9000
Radeon 6850 9000
4gb corsair RAM 1700
Seasonic 520W 80+ bronze certified PSU 3200
CM Elite 1500

Total 30k excluding tax

I hope this is good enough!!

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Proccy,mobo,gpu are good enough.

IMO...get the Corsair GS 600 @3.8K is budget can be managed...

And about the ram...I think u are talking about the 1.65V XMS3....it might just be better if u went for 1.5V Vengeance 4GB @ 2.4k or a Gskill 1.5V 4GB kit @2.3k

Also consider the NZXT Gamma @ 2k or CM Elite 430 @ 2.6k

OP
A

Avenger

Broken In
Proccy,mobo,gpu are good enough.

IMO...get the Corsair GS 600 @3.8K is budget can be managed...

And about the ram...I think u are talking about the 1.65V XMS3....it might just be better if u went for 1.5V Vengeance 4GB @ 2.4k or a Gskill 1.5V 4GB kit @2.3k

Also consider the NZXT Gamma @ 2k or CM Elite 430 @ 2.6k

Budget is max 32k.. thats why i've selected these!!

Top Bottom