Motherboard Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

saigalp

Broken In
I have an original Intel D865GBF motherboard in my system. The LPT Port and USB Ports are not working, I installed 2 cards for LPT and USB on spare PCI slots and am still facing problems. I thought of changing the mobo, but this model is discontinued. My question is will I have to format C: drive and reload winXP if I go in for a new motherboard?. I don,t want to format my C: drive as it has lot of data and some special software. Please advise. Thanks in anticipation.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
saigalp said:
I have an original Intel D865GBF motherboard in my system. The LPT Port and USB Ports are not working, I installed 2 cards for LPT and USB on spare PCI slots and am still facing problems. I thought of changing the mobo, but this model is discontinued. My question is will I have to format C: drive and reload winXP if I go in for a new motherboard?. I don,t want to format my C: drive as it has lot of data and some special software. Please advise. Thanks in anticipation.

Its always better to do a clean format and reinstall OS when you change mobo or do a platform shift.:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom