Motherboard for C2D E6300 processor

Gaurav

In the zone
Hi,

My old mobo died yesterday (ASUS P5B-VM, had problems with it earlier too).

I need a motherboard (Socket 775 based) with great build quality (like all solid capacitors design), ddr2 and ddr3 support, atleast 4 sata ports, 6 usb ports, 2 or more ram slots, and an nvidia based chipset (having good graphics, don't mind if it is intel too).

Also do suggest me some power supply for use with this motherboard.

Budget 10k

Thanks in advance

Cilus

laborare est orare
There is no Nvdia chipset based motherboard available having both DDR2 and DDR3 ram slots. This kind of Combo mobos normally come with G41 chipset and available from brands like Gigabyte and Asus. Price will be around 2.7K to 3K.

OP
Gaurav

Gaurav

In the zone
Thanks for your reply.

Ok, I got your point. If I skip the option of ddr2 compatibility then which one would be good. I have heard that nvidia based chipsets are better than intel's.

Cilus

laborare est orare
It is not like that. But Nvidia based motherboards does have IGP based on Nvidia GPU which performs better than Intel HD graphics present in the LGA 775 (mobo for C2D and C2Q) based mobos.

If you want DDR3 based LGA775 motherboard, then get the Asus P5G41T-M-LX3 motherboard @ 2.4K and Corsair 1333 MHz 4GB X 1 DDR3 module @ 1.2K. You can easily add a Graphics card later to get good Graphics performance.
At low budget Sapphire HD 5670 512 MB GDDR5 @ 4.1K is a great choice to play you all the current games at medium settings.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Yes, better option is to go with desecrate graphics card rather than lying on integrated graphics of processor or igp based graphics of mobo.

OP
Gaurav

Gaurav

In the zone
Yes, better option is to go with desecrate graphics card rather than lying on integrated graphics of processor or igp based graphics of mobo.

So, what options do you suggest (I think IGP based would suit me more.
)? Please also suggest some power supply of atleast 500W.
Thanks

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
FSP Saga 500W - 2K

For any sorta gaming forget about IGPs. They are good enough for browsing and watching movies.

OP
Gaurav

Gaurav

In the zone
It is not like that. But Nvidia based motherboards does have IGP based on Nvidia GPU which performs better than Intel HD graphics present in the LGA 775 (mobo for C2D and C2Q) based mobos.

If you want DDR3 based LGA775 motherboard, then get the Asus P5G41T-M-LX3 motherboard @ 2.4K and Corsair 1333 MHz 4GB X 1 DDR3 module @ 1.2K. You can easily add a Graphics card later to get good Graphics performance.
At low budget Sapphire HD 5670 512 MB GDDR5 @ 4.1K is a great choice to play you all the current games at medium settings.

Asus P5G41T-M-LX3, this motherboard is not mentioned on ASUS india website, are you sure of the model number?

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ I think you haven't tried to find it. Here it is:-
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5G41T-M LX3

Top Bottom