Motherboard + CPU Suggestion needed

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
Greetings all,

Recently the motherboard started giving some issues, as in it went in an ON/OFF loop, (would be on for 2-3 secs, then off and on again...) I have a 'crappy' PSU, but it seems to be working fine as I tried on the other Mobos I have. The computer hardware guy suggested Mobo is dead a replacement is needed.

My current config :
  • Intel i5-760 Quad Core
  • Gigabyte GA-H55-MS2
  • WD Blue 500GB
  • Transcend 4GB DDR3 RAM
  • ATI 6670 1 GB DDR5
  • CM Elite 431 cabinet
  • Intex 450Watt PSU

The problem is I checked online stores and Nehru Place, Delhi for LGA 1156 supported motherboards, but apparently they are discontinued. So I'm left with no option but to get a new CPU+Motherboard Combo.

My budget is around 10k and would prefer and intel proccy with any mobo.

What do you guys suggest ? I play games like Far Cry, COD, assain's etc occasionally. Use it primarily for programming Java, Android etc.

Please suggest the best possible combination. Max budget can go to 11k. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

ASHISH65

Technomancer
give a try ay olx/quicker, here is one - intel i3 550 processor with intel dh55pj motherboard in Uttam Nagar, Delhi Used Computer Peripherals on Delhi Quikr Classifieds

Ask him if he is ready to sell mobo

Otherwise new one :

Intel i3 3210/3220 @ 6.5k

Gigabyte B75-D3H @ 4.5k

OP
techiemaharaj

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
Hey,
Thanks so much for the prompt reply. I would prefer new components,and will probably hunt for the products at Nehru Place for cheapest possible price(which will be around 11k as you suggested + taxes most likely..)

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Hey,
Thanks so much for the prompt reply. I would prefer new components,and will probably hunt for the products at Nehru Place for cheapest possible price(which will be around 11k as you suggested + taxes most likely..)

Then get what i suggested :)

OP
techiemaharaj

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
^^ Thanks..Yeah...PSU would definitely be my next buy, just that I have imp files in HDD and motherboard's dead, so this replacement need of the hour...!

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
^^ Thanks..Yeah...PSU would definitely be my next buy, just that I have imp files in HDD and motherboard's dead, so this replacement need of the hour...!

the get at-least seasonic s12 ii 520 /antec vp550p . will be handy if you get a high end gpu later.

OP
techiemaharaj

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
Otherwise new one :

Intel i3 3210/3220 @ 6.5k

Gigabyte B75-D3H @ 4.5k

I'm in a fix, so help me out. Also as it is the budget is definitely over 11k after taking quotes from shops in Nehru Place. Will try to get it down further if possible when I go there.

The options that I have right now is[prices are from Cost to Cost Nehru place latest]:

Intel i3 3220 ->LGA 1155 => 6557 Rs excl. taxes
Gigabyte GA-B75-D3H => 4990 Rs excl. taxes

Total = 11547 + taxes

Intel i3 4130 4th gen->LGA 1150 => 7390 Rs excl. taxes
Asus P8-B75-MLX => 3190 Rs excl. taxes

Total = 10580 + taxes.

So what combination you guys think is better ? Just confused whether to go for LGA-1155 or LGA 1150 as to which one will last longer in the market :p

Kindly guide, thanks for your support..

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I'm in a fix, so help me out. Also as it is the budget is definitely over 11k after taking quotes from shops in Nehru Place. Will try to get it down further if possible when I go there.

The options that I have right now is[prices are from Cost to Cost Nehru place latest]:

Intel i3 3220 ->LGA 1155 => 6557 Rs excl. taxes
Gigabyte GA-B75-D3H => 4990 Rs excl. taxes

Total = 11547 + taxes

Intel i3 4130 4th gen->LGA 1150 => 7390 Rs excl. taxes
Asus P8-B75-MLX => 3190 Rs excl. taxes

Total = 10580 + taxes.

So what combination you guys think is better ? Just confused whether to go for LGA-1155 or LGA 1150 as to which one will last longer in the market :p

Kindly guide, thanks for your support..

if you can get i3 4130 at 7390, then you can go for that. but the selected mobo is not compatible. you have to get either h81/b85 chipset based mobo.

OP
techiemaharaj

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
if you can get i3 4130 at 7390, then you can go for that. but the selected mobo is not compatible. you have to get either h81/b85 chipset based mobo.

Thanks for your suggestion...yeah I realized mobo is wrong right now...but anyways Gigabyte's H81 for 3790 which brings the total to 11180+ taxes...

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Get i3 4130 + H81 with eyes closed :)

It is 6-8% faster than i3 3220 and h81 is very good mobo for price

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would suggest against a core i3 dual core cpu .. a better replacement for your quad core setup is AMD FX 6300 @ 7.5k and ASUS M5A78L-M LX V2 @ 3.5k.

SKAR3KRO

Right off the assembly line
get a FX6300 + gigabyte 78lmt-usb3
6300 @7k
78LMT-USB3 @4k

A much better build than your dual core i3.Dont be a brand fanboy brother.That i3 will be worse for the upcoming games that are more multi core oriented

OP
techiemaharaj

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
I'm sorry guys, but the last few posts about FX-6300 have made me wear my thinking cap again !! And performance wise, FX 6300 fairs better for multitaksing and multithreaded apps.
Read couple of blogs with comparison of both, Intel defeats FX 6300 in single thread applications, but has some catching up to do in multi threaded apps...

well, i guess, rather I ask - Hows AMD ? I haven't have had an AMD CPU before. So do you think, I should leave intel and try FX 6300 now ? I would need a mobo, would go with Gigabyte as someone mentioned on top, already have ATI 6670 1 GB DDr5.. And seems well in my budget...

Suggestions needed again...thanks in advance !

ASHISH65

Technomancer
If you can afford get fx 6300 + M5A78L mobo with eyes closed,though i will not recommend you to OC cpu with this mobo.

If you can afford try to get Gigabyte 970A-DS3 @ 5.2k

OP
techiemaharaj

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
If you can afford get fx 6300 + M5A78L mobo with eyes closed,though i will not recommend you to OC cpu with this mobo.

If you can afford try to get Gigabyte 970A-DS3 @ 5.2k

I'm going to purchase tomorrow and right now have the online price list. Acc to it:
FX 6300 - 7095+ taxes
GIGABYTE 78LMT-S2 - 2790+taxes

Well, I *expect the prices to be less in the market compared to these that were available in the online price list.

I'm not going to OC the proccy, but many people online say, the temperatures go high at time. Will the stock cooler do enough ? Or do I need a cpu cooler ? If yes, I can afford a Hyper 101 for 1230+taxes. So all will be in my budget.

Thanks again :)

OP
techiemaharaj

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
get this one ASUS M5A78L-M LX V2 Motherboard - ASUS: Flipkart.com

Stock cooler is fine:)

Well, if stock cooler is fine, then might as well go for what you suggested. Thanks so much ! Shall update after I make the purchase...

Seems like my problem has been solved ! Thanks :)

Top Bottom